Thursday, 9 January 2014

Introducing Bobbi

This is Bobbi, ( still in kennels) in the end I decided to take her and not Sammy the lovely big white dog I originally fell in love with. I went back to the kennels on Sunday with my other daughter, her son and of course, Daisy Dog. We met both dogs, they were both fine with my grandchild and Daisy Dog. Although I have to say I think Daisy and Bobbi really seemed to hit it off and have lots of fun together. Sammy wasn’t so interested in Daisy, he was more interested in playing fetch.


 Bobbi was more settled and more interactive on Sunday than she had been on the Saturday. I learned she had only been bought back into the kennels a couple of hours before I arrived on the Saturday, no wonder she didn’t want to interact or play very much. I was still drawn toward Sammy but the deciding factor was when I took Sammy’s lead, he suddenly bounded toward the exercise field and almost pulled me over. At that point I had to admit they were right, Sammy was too big and strong for me and Bobbi would probably be much better in the long term. Bobbi arrived at my home at ten oclock on Tuesday morning. After the man from the kennels left we took our first walk in the park; we met all the other doggie regulars and their humans and we stopped to introduce ourselves, I chatted, she sniffed. Tuesday evening Bobbi was introduced to my friend who lives a couple of doors away and her dog; a very large bouncy cross German Shepherd/ Husky who at almost a year old, is just a huge bouncing machine. Bobbi was polite but gave the bigger dog a couple of warnings when he invaded her space and became just a bit too pushy. Large, young, male dogs need putting in their place occasionally. Wednesday she progressed to the extender lead and had some freedom to run and play in the park with her new doggy friends. Wednesday evening my daughters and grandchildren came for their tea. The kids loved the dog, they bought her new toys, she loved the attention and I even allowed them to walk her on her lead a little way. My daughter left me a harness because Bobbi does pull a bit, especially in the mornings when she is eager to get out. The harness seems to have made a big difference, walking her today was much easier. She passed another milestone this afternoon, I went out to my painting class and left her on her own from 12.45 to 17.15, the only casualty of her first separation was her new toy; she totally destroyed it. I was very relieved to see the new nothing else had been touched, she hadn’t even tipped the bin over and almost all the dogs I’ve ever know have fun with the bin when left alone. So………….that’s it so far. Bobbi and I are getting to know each other, and so far, so good. Tomorrow we are going for another walk with my friend and her German Shepherd cross and Saturday my other friend is coming to meet her. She is well on her way to being a very well socialised little dog.

3 comments:

  1. I love Bobbi's smile too-she sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! i look forward to hearing all your adventures. As you well know, having a dog is a great way to meet new friends, and you have a wonderful little walking partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beautiful little dog, it is interesting to hear about her induction to her new home. I think Bobbi is very lucky to be the chosen one, it seems she has settled very quickly and sounds as if she is enjoying being part of the family. I think we'll be hearing a lot more about Bobbi in the future, I'm looking forward to that, she is a great little addition to the household Loretta, congratulations on a fine choice!

    ReplyDelete