Wednesday, 12 June 2013

The village of Pamproux



Pamproux; is a small village in the west of France. Originally a small walled town perched on top of a rocky hill above a fast flowing river.
The hill, the ancient buildings, the old town walls and the river are all still there but now the village has outgrown the confines of the wall and  spread itself around the base of the hill. 




From the river there are views of the hill top village and from the top of the hill, the views of river and surrounding countryside are breathtaking. 
Tourist information from here

http://www.map-france.com/Pamproux-79800/population-Pamproux.html

The village of Pamproux is a small French village located west of France. The town of Pamproux is located in the department of Deux-Sèvres of the French region Poitou-Charentes. The town of Pamproux is located in the township of La Mothe-Saint-Héray part of the district of Niort. The area code for Pamproux is 79201 (also known as code INSEE), and the Pamproux zip code is 79800. 

Geography and map of Pamproux :
The altitude of the city hall of Pamproux is approximately 100 meters. The Pamproux surface is 36.30 km ². The latitude and longitude of Pamproux are 46.395 degrees North and 0.055 degrees West. Nearby cities and towns of Pamproux are : Bougon (79800) at 2.98 km, Salles (79800) at 3.43 km, Avon (79800) at 3.96 km, Soudan (79800) at 5.27 km, La Mothe-Saint-Héray (79800) at 5.81 km, Exoudun (79800) at 5.91 km, Saint-Germier (79340) at 7.69 km, Sainte-Eanne (79800) at 7.70 km.
(The distances to these nearby towns of Pamproux are calculated as the crow flies)

8 comments:

  1. France is a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your visits, Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the more time I spend there the more I appreciate what it has to offer.

      Delete
  2. Soooo lovely and inviting. Glad you are there and glad you are so thoughtful in sharing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful month, I'm home now and can't wait for my next visit in August.

      Delete
  3. Looks a wonderful bit of the world, lucky you going back in August....I may pass you en route I'm heading back to Orkney in August. Pamproux looks a great little village.... although one where regular stops in bars, restaurants, cafe's, boulangeries and patisseries look to be an absolute must, before and especially after tackling some possibly quite steep climbs up to the church etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't plan on going back in Aug but its my sisters 60th and she wants us all there. It will be the first time in years that my sisters, my mother and myself have all been in the same place at the same time. Hoping for a good family photo. :-)

      Delete
    2. I think you may be passing to the West of me. But; if our dates are ok and if you are anywehere in this area we could get coffee/ lunch or evern a beer somewhere if you fancy it :-).

      Delete
    3. Thanks Loretta it was a good thought but this time I'm afraid I'm flying as I don't have time for the 600 mile drive this year. It still takes 2 planes to get there from here though, but if my jet passes yours on your way to your sister's birthday party I'll wave :-)

      Delete