Monday, 9 September 2013

Busy weekend, flower, food and guests.

I’ve had a busy few days, followed by a Sunday where I didn’t have the energy to move from the sofa. I travelled to Camperdown Park just outside Dundee for the annual flower and food show. 



http://www.dundeeflowerandfoodfestival.com/

It was just magnificent, I can’t begin to describe the exhibits, and I’ve never seen such an array of fabulous flowers and food. It was a photographer’s paradise, photo opportunity after photo opportunity. I’ve not even finished looking through all the photos from that day. These are just a few of the hundreds that I took at the festival.
This little white garden really caught my eye, I think it was exhibited by a charity but I was so enthralled by it I didn’t even look to see whose exhibit it was. This was not the easiest subject to take photos of because with every thing being white, it was quite hard to get the light levels right. This reminded me of Debs moon garden, it made me think of her. If I had one tiny spare corner in my garden I think I would be very, very tempted to go white. There were many multi and bi-coloured flowers, I think I liked the multi coloured blooms the best. I really liked this one, I think it’s a begonia but there were so many flowers, I can’t remember what they all were. The colour definition on this flower was stunning; the white was white as snow and the red was a deep crimson.  It was all quite spectacular. 



I went with a friend of mine who always goes to this show and she told me that these exhibits of fushia heads were not there on previous years. They were totally beautiful, a variety of perfect fushia heads arranged in a flat glass dish of water.
This next one was from the allotment association, I like the way they displayed this one but; I can honestly say I have NEVER  seen carrots and parsnips over 1 meter long until now. I couldn’t believe the size of the veg exhibited here, it was unbelievable

And lastly……………well I couldn’t NOT include this one could I?? It speaks for itself, what a brilliant artistic and creative way to exhibit plants and flowers.
 


And as if that wasn’t excitement enough, I had my first official guests as a couchsurfing host over the weekend. This young couple aer from the mountains of North Italy and they are both music students. He is training to work in Opera and she trains in popular singing and wants to be a teacher. They are Lisa and Hennes and this is them singing before they left. ( at least it will be if I get it to post properly)
Oh what a busy few days 


11 comments:

  1. looks like that video didn't post very well but if you want to see it it's on my FB

    https://www.facebook.com/loretta.dean.142

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how utterly fabulous........everything is wonderful! LOVE that little white garden - and OMG those flowers and veg are amazing! i love that you thought of me, thank you. ♥

    so cool to hear your guests wonderful singing - and your lovely voice at the very end.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as soon as I saw the white garden, it reminds me of your moon garden although they are nothing alike really. I would love a little white corner like that.

      Delete
    2. it's a perfectly lovely spot to enjoy in the evenings. i know you'd have lots of fun creating one - and you could add some tiny blue lights, for special lighting. ;)

      Delete
    3. I'll have to think about that, at the moment I don't have any where to create a new garden, wish I could it looks lovely

      Delete
    4. p.s......Sunday was my sofa spud day, too. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! I know you'll want to go again next year. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, in fact we have planned to stay for longer next year. We didn't have time to see every thing. We left at 9 in the morning, it took two buses and we didn't arrive until until about 10.30. Problem was we had to leave at about 2.30 because my friend has a little dog but next year she is going to see if someone else can look after the dog for the day and we can stay another couple of hours. It was a huge event and I think you would need the whole day there to see every thing properly. But it was a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white garden also. I doubt I could ever get anything to look as nice as these displays :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is lovely, I've looked again and sadly I have no space for a tiny white garden or I would start one.

      Delete
  6. wow what a fabulous event to go to-loved the photos

    ReplyDelete