Daisy dog went home this morning and I miss her already. It’s not just her company that I miss; I also miss the morning walk. Hopefully the habit of walking every morning will stay with me, I’ve really enjoyed it and I know it’s good for me.
After the first few walks the rout became established, we took the same path every day and she knew where we were going.
We walked across the park, through the new millennium forest, past the old trees that were planted many years ago when the park was first opened and then through the manicured ornamental rose gardens.
The rose garden is an old walled garden with ornamental archway entrances. The walls are very old red sand stone. There is fountain in the rose garden which sadly, hasn’t worked for as long as I can remember.
It’s a simple design made from polished red stone which matches the red walls. I wish the local council would maintain this fountain, I’m sure it would look lovely if it were full of water.
I can imagine the sun shining through the fountain of water and sending rainbow patterns across the roses. Maybe I should mention it to them. After the rose garden and the disused fountain we always walked back by the sea.
We walked through the park, down the bank, past the old cottages and along the beach, then home. Daisy dog enjoyed it and so did I, like I said, I miss her already. We were so lucky; the last couple of days of our walk together has been wonderfully sunny with blue skies and blue seas. Every thing looks completely different in the sunshine to the way it looked a few days ago in the mist. Its the same place, but it looks like another world.
a lovely place for a walk! great pics - i hope Daisy will go visit you again very soon.
ReplyDeletewalking around there is lovely and we both enjoyed it, but I think Daisy dog is very happy to be back home with my daughter. She was so excited when my daughter came to collect her she ran up and down the stairs for ages and then ended up running around in circles trying to catch her tail. I love having her and walking her, but my daughter gives her lots more exerciser than I can manage. :-)
Deletewhat a gorgeous walk you two had. a dog companion makes such a difference for a walk. I have not walked every day any more since we lost our Nikita-and we never missed our morning walks-I hope Daisy comes to see you again soon too
ReplyDeleteI find it hard to motivate myself to walk every day without the dog.............I really know how you feel it is hard. I'm trying to get into the routine of walking, but without daisy dog.............its very hard.
DeleteI know I'm going to miss my sister's dogs when I leave, so I know how much you miss Daisy. You both were lucky to have had such good walks. I'll bet Daisy is missing you too.
ReplyDeletethanks Brenda but I don't think daisy will miss me as much as I miss her.............she is a young dog and really she does need the extra exercise that my daughter can give. But it was great to have her for a while and she did seem to enjoy our walks.
DeleteThere's nothing like having a friendly and active dog as a "house guest". I really envy your walking environment there. Those are some lovely gardens and pathways. Thanks for sharing these photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks Doug; I truly appreciate the environment in which I live, I know I am lucky to have all of this on my doorstep. And yes...........Daisy Dog is great company :-)
DeleteThat Daisy is such a sweet dog. So cute.
ReplyDeleteand that area where you guys walked is beautiful. What a park and well the sea, what can you say, it is all too beautiful.
Maybe it is time for you to get a nice doggie. They are great company
Thanks Susan...............we were lucky, we had some great weather while I had daisy and we did have some lovely walks together.
DeleteGreat pictures of a fine walk through some lovely places and Daisy has I think made a lot of fans here and I suspect everywhere else she goes as well. The park looks very well kept, has it got a "friends" group to look after it? As you know I'm a "friend" of my local park, which for some reason has just made me think of the song "I Talk To The Trees" by Clint Eastwood. No problem with that its when they talk back that we should seek professional help I think.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I have rather digressed....you live a charming part of the world which for people from these parts is not a common place to visit, just as Worcestershire is probably not the first place anyone thinks of going to when visiting England....On both counts I think they are missing something and your pictures prove that....they really are great photos Loretta...thanks for sharing them I'm especially fond of arches myself.
Hi Aaron, lol, yep I think daisy dog has quite a fan base here.
DeleteI love the parks around here but as far as I know, there are no 'friends' associations. We must be quite lucky because the local authority seems to take really good care of the local parks. I know the main Victoria Park was opened to celebrate Queen Vitoria visiting the town and I think, the little rose garden was created on a site of an old natural pond sometime in the 1920's and the millennium forest was planted in the year 2000. What I would really like to do is a bit more research and possibly write up some sort of history of the park, I think that would be interesting. Oh..................and if I'm ever in your area, I will certainly make a point of enjoying the scenery. :-).