Sunday, 27 October 2013

Russell Brand and THAT interview.







So pissess me off that it takes a mediocre comedian,  an Essex boy who was thrown out of the local drama school for taking too many drugs, to tell Paxton the truth about the failings of the system.. Bloody shame a few of our Eton/ Oxford educated mega wealthy politicians can’t cut through the BS, forget the party line and admit the same truths.  

Yes Russell Brand you are right, voting makes no difference because all parties support the same corrupt system, we are indeed destroying the earth, yes our government fights for the rights of bankers to retain their bonuses, yes the system favours the few over the many and yes…………we perpetuate poverty in other countries in order to sustain profits and the status quo. So if he knows this, how come our Government, the people who could actually do something about it,either don't know or don't care ??




5 comments:

  1. We don't need a higher education to come to know the truth. Perhaps his openness about things will reach ears that burn when hearing them. I certainly hope so. That is what I see about the up and coming younger generation. They speak their minds and don't flinch in the limelight as often. Especially celebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand has many bright things to say, proving that having, or not having, higher education gives people no ideas for the future other than "less government" or "stop the other guy". Some of the "best minds" in the USA's political structure are doing nothing but dividing and conquering citizens using lame sophistic tricks. It's good to see a celebrity care about something more than his or her next album or movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typos here I'm afraid Loretta...it had to go :-)

      Delete
  4. I hadn't seen this before Loretta, not having a telly myself I miss a lot I suppose, so thanks for posting it.
    There were a number of interesting things about the "interview" by Jeremy Paxman of Russell Brand I thought anyway. The latter is a gentleman whose career I have largely been able to avoid up until this point, but here Mr Brand does say some quite interesting things....but this isn't a typical Newsnight interview is it?
    This soft focused comfy armchair presentation which seemed to have floored the BBC interrogator general Jeremy Paxman and made him into a bit of a pussycat in my opinion.

    So what gives here?

    BBC sponsored anarchy with heavy hitter Paxman unable to resist the logic of Brands invective, on state run corporate television?
    They had to be pretty sure nobody was going to take any notice of what our Russell had to say.

    He is playing the role of The Fool saying the unsayable on the box and playing to the gallery. Good presentation, if a bit one-sided.
    This is a reminder that the corporate infotainment industry represented here the these two TV celebrities not only seeks to manufacture consent, but also to manufacture and thereby control 'dissent' too.
    So Russell Brand says what the majority of us thinks and he is given the opportunity to do that because is a 'comedian'...a court jester paid not to be taken seriously.
    It is I think interesting that the BBC now promotes political anarchism so long as it remains strictly controlled in the transition movement and manufactured 'fringe' comedy.
    Everyone knows what Brand is saying is true. This interview only seems newsworthy because it is a staged event by the BBC, its not news its "reality TV" ....two famous stars chatting at the Ritz.

    If Russell Brand wants to give tangible support to the various 'revolutionary' activities I am involved in he can always contact me with his suggestions and I'm sure we can sort something out.

    His complaints are very good but the solutions are still a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete