I’ve also got a couple of pet portraits to do. Once I’ve finished all of that; I have a unique portrait to paint. I plan to paint a portrait of a lovely lady who sadly passed away; the portrait will be a special surprise for her husband. This one I have to get right which is why I can’t have any distractions and every thing else must be finished first.
I’m not actually cooking Christmas dinner this year, Tomorrow, well later today actually, my daughter is cooking a huge Christmas dinner for her sisters and their families and of course me. We are all eating together on Christmas Eve and then doing our own thing on Christmas day.
My allocated contribution to the Christmas Eve meal was the sweet course. I’ve made strawberry ice cream with the last of the garden strawberries from the freezer, a big sticky chocolate cake and some macaroons with lemon curd filling. I’m quite proud of my macaroons, I’ve never attempted macaroons before and although not perfect, they turned out OK.
I even made the lemon curd filling myself which was another first. I’ve just finished the last of the home made lemon curd on some toast, and I have to say, it was delicious. Thought I should make some basics to counteract all the rich food of Christmas so I also made a large pan of veggie soup and a nice seeded loaf to go with it. Think this will be my staple diet for the times when I’m home alone.
On Christmas day I’m eating at the a little Italian restaurant with a friend who would other wise be on her own. I’m quite looking forward to Christmas day, I’ll get up at my leisure, open my presents, meet my friend for our meal and then come back to a peaceful afternoon and Christmas movies on the TV.
And on Boxing Day, the painting really does start in earnest. I’ll have at least three days of uninterrupted painting before the grandchildren arrive to stay for the week.
Merry Christmas Loretta, I really enjoyed reading your post-your macaroons look and sound super delicious-I haven't made those in years-but always loved them. Your eve and day sounds perfect.
ReplyDeleteKathy
Merry Christmas Kathy, hope Santa is good to you this year. The Macaroons were OK but we all ate so much I've ended up bringing half the chocolate cake and a tin full of macaroons home with me :-)
DeleteI'm taking a short break to see people's Christmas preparations. I've just finished my last batch of this season (hope so anyway) of chocolate-covered peanut butter balls that we call buckeyes. I'll be getting the dough out to shape the rolls that I'm making for our Christmas dinner tomorrow. A friend brought round a cake she'd made earlier today. Everything you've made looks deliciously wonderful, Loretta. Merry Christmas to all of you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brenda, those chocolate covered peanut balls sound lovely, sure I've commented on those before. Maybe I'll have a go at them next year. Merry Christmas and may Santa bring you what you want :-)
DeleteLoretta, your holiday plans sound perfect. Painting can wait.
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks beautiful and I am sure it will be delicious.
Have a Merry Christmas. It must be really late on christmas eve right now. Enjoy.
Hi Susan, Merry Christmas :-), sure Santa will be good to you this year :-)
DeleteThe food looks wonderful and you seem to have Christmas all planned out Loretta. Have a good one! All the best for 2014.
ReplyDeleteYep I had a good one, hope you did too. and Happy New Year to you.
DeleteThanks for stopping by my very neglected site! I hope you've had a good christmas and are now enjoying your painting time :)
ReplyDeleteHi Wendy and thanks for stopping by. You are not alone in neglecting the blog world. I'm not online half a often as I used to be but I do like to cruise around and catch up with people sometimes. Hope your Christmas was good and Happy New Year to you
DeleteOh and I forgot to mention other than the food looking delicious I like the bouncing girl painting too and the stuffed creatures all look very festive too lol....Hope you had a really good one Loretta, Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteYour post is lovely! Love all of your decorations and yummy food! I can just smell the soup...mmmm! The partial painting you posted is quiet nice as it is. I hope you are painting now as you'd hoped. I am just now reading this but I have sent you an after Christmas card with a wee painting in it. Love to you all of the new year!
ReplyDeleteHi and thanks for stopping by, I'm managing to find time to paint most days. I've had the grandchildren over the New Year week which means not so much painting going on, but I seem to be getting faster so I have hope for the New Year, its going to be a painting in earnest year for me. You don't seem to be painting as much as you used to, I used to like your spontaneous paintings maybe you could do some more sometime. Hope your Christmas and New Year was good :-)
DeleteSorry I have not been around much. What a wonderful display you have here. I wish I had been there for Christmas !! I hope you have a most wonderful and prosperous New Year Loretta.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Hi Lia.................thanks for stopping by. I'm not online so much any more but I do still try to post and catch up with people as and when I can. Hope your Christmas and New Year was good :-)
Delete