So that’s another year come and gone. Here I sit, still surrounded by Christmas decorations with the little red headed angel staring down on me from the top of the Christmas tree. The grandchildren are at last in bed and asleep. They have been staying here and we had out own little New Year Party for just the three of us. I think they ate enough sugar to last them until next New Year. I don’t think any one will be getting up very early today.
I’m still out taking photos almost every day, its surprising how good winter scenes are.
Love both your finished and unfinished pictures. You are so right about those winter photos; they're great. Hope you've had a good start to the new year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brenda, Happy New Year to you :-)
DeleteI'm a bit late for Hogmanay I'm afraid Loretta, hope you had a good one! I like both versions of the picture but in a way the unfinished one looks more dynamic to me, lighter - somehow more bouncy and wind blown that the finished painting. In the finished one the girl(s) is/are more substantial the picture is about her whereas in the unfinished - one to me at least - the picture is as much about the leap. Jumping for joy and harking back to Summer on the beach. Do pictures have seasons?
ReplyDeleteThe photos capture the skeletal beauty of Winter and its ferocious forces at its command, you can see why the ancients were so keen on tracking the Sun can't you?
Happy New Year to you Loretta may 2014 be a good year for you and yours!
Hi Aaron, Happy New Year :-)
DeleteFunny you should use the phrase 'jump for joy'..............I have one more photo of the 'jump' which I couldn't fit into this painting and I was going to do another painting with just one figure, called 'jumping for Joy'. Just another painting on the same theme. And yes I think pictures have seasons. :-)
A little after the fact but Happy New Year and Hogmanay to you too. I am pretty sure I did this on facebook. I get soooo confused.
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, yes I think we did the 'facebook' thing too..............but Happy New year anyway :-)
Delete