I’ve been going
through a bit of a Blogging epiphany recently. And the decision is, to try a return to
Blogger Blogging, don’t really know what I’ll be blogging about but sure it will
come to me when the time is right. I’m going to aim for about one per week and
see how it goes from there.
So……where to
start?
Well last year
was supposed to be my full time painting year and I guess that went OK. I did
every thing I planned to do plus I’m now posting all of my work on a FB page (link
at bottom of the page). The only tiny regret I have about last year is that, despite
doing every thing I planned, I failed to make sales. But I had a great time and
I guess that’s far more important than sales.
The general
plan for this year was supposed to be; put the painting on a back burner and
concentrate on travel. A plan which at the moment; isn’t looking hopeful. Last
year I had a quite few unexpected household expenses leaving finances for
travel sadly depleted. Anyway, as this was supposed to be my year of travel I
thought I could kick start it with a brief look back at some of day trips I took on the bus last year.
To start with a
little look at the Fife coast line and a few
of the small towns
Anstruther, Harbour town in Fife
Crail, Harbour town in Fife
Pitterween, Harbour town in Fife
St Monans, Harbour town in Fife
Going west to
Ayrshire we have Oban which sits on the Atlantic coast and is the gateway to many of the Western Isles.
And looking
inland we have Pitlochry
and Callander.
Then continuing North
along the coastline to Aberdeen,
and finally, continuing north past Aberdeen to Inverness
Next time I'll share some of places a little nearer to home. I'm lucky to live here on the east Coast of Scotland
finally, and as promised, my FB page where I show all of my paintings.
I was thinking about you the other day Loretta and wondered where you had gone off to. It is so good to see you back and WOW what wonderful images you have shared here. It makes me wish I could travel the world !
ReplyDeleteHi Lia yep I wish I could travel too. This was supposed to be my year of travel but at the moment, that' not looking likely. But I'm hoping to spend bit more time here so that's good. :-)
Deletehello, Loretta! i'm sorry you won't be able to do any traveling this year - but i am sure you know that i am really looking forward to visiting you! hugs.
ReplyDeleteOh its going to be the highlight of my year... soooo looking forward to it. And its only January, maybe I'll be able to sort out some travel after your visit :-)
Deletewelcome back to blogging-we have missed you! hugs Kathy
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy, and thanks for all your help.... ( now back to family ) :-)
DeleteYou live in the most beautiful area. I am so jealous of Deb and Ruth going there. Wish I could go back. I have been to Crail, what a great little village. Wish I could have made it to Oban. I just have to make another trip. I think bus trips are a great way to travel. See you around
ReplyDeleteoh wow you've been to Crail. It's such a tiny little place to be known outside of its immediate area. I loved it there, of all the places we visited over the summer that had to be one of the very best. Did you make it to Crail Pottery? WOW.... what amazing stuff they do there :-)
DeleteWe were just out driving around, we felt the best way to see the area was just get lost and bingo we found Crail. It was raining of course and we just walked around down by the water and up on the main street. They had a little tourist place there that we checked out, don't remember the potter place but we might have, it was a while ago. What a beautiful little village
DeleteI'm not surprised at all that you're a painter, and I know I've said before how lucky you are to live where you do. Once a week is how often I post too. I couldn't think of something to write about every day.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Loretta.
Thanks Brenda......so far its really nice to be back :-)
DeleteI love your photographs and hope to be popping in from time to time, Gilli in Somerset, UK
ReplyDeleteHi Gillian, really nice of you to visit, thanks for stopping by. And you live in Somerset?? that's also a beautiful part of the country, and probably a lot warmer than it is here :-).
Deletewell I did get a notice about this post but it showed up in a place I didn't expect. My mail breaks down into three catagories. Personal, social (facebook and what I thought would be everyones's notices but yours showed up in promotional business area. I say who cares as long as I get them. What fun.
ReplyDeletewell its good to know you are getting your notifications even if they are diverting to the wrong place :-)
DeleteGillian not sure what went wrong but I clicked on your icon expecting to go to your blog page ended up on your google plus?? not sure why.
ReplyDeletelove your background Loretta-tuned out nice-good color
ReplyDeleteAll down to your excellent instructions thanks Kathy :-)
DeleteHi! I found you through Kathyinozarks lovely bloggy blog of awesome blogness - LOVING your blog and glad you're back to posting. I had a six month break from blogging last year but I'm really glad I started again. I have an arty blog, and I'm writing a post later this week about using photos as a visual prompt for making art. I'm hoping to include links to other blogs as part of that and would love to include yourself there, as your photos are lovely. I think my readers would enjoy visiting you. Would that be ok? I'm at www.artyshroo.blogspot.co.uk if you want to take a peek - it would be great to see you and include you as inspiration for artyness! Sending an introductory hug - Shroo:)xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Rachael and thanks for coming by. Feel free to share my blog if you want to. The primary reason for me taking photos is to use them to paint from. I do have other blogs here, one about art in general, one about my own paintings and one about my garden. For now I have removed the links to those other blogs because although they are still there they are 'dormant'. I simply didn't think I would have the time to maintain more than one blog. BUT......Once I'm used to being back here and I see how much time I have, I may restart those my other blogs. . For now if you want to see my work, just follow the link to my FB page where I keep all my paintings.
Delete