Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Have camera will travel

I think I’ve finally caught up with my self. Yesterday was sunny, no rain and no wind, I spent the whole day in the garden. (Garden blog to follow shortly).
Today I couldn’t get out in the garden; we had gale force winds that would have blown me away. Today I’ve spent the day on the computer, I think I’ve caught up here and am finishing off the day with a couple of new posts.
That wonderful red shiny thing at the top of the page is my new camera, it arrive in the post today. It’s a Fuji S4500 specification as follows……………
•    30x optical zoom
•    24mm wide-angle lens
•    14 megapixel CCD sensor
•    3 inch, hi-res LCD screen
•    Up to ISO 6400
•    720p HD movie recording
I’m totally in love with it; it’s a very long time since I’ve had a decent camera. It’s destined to be my new travelling companion. The next thing I’m looking for is a ‘tablet’; apparently that’s the correct terminology, its somewhere between a cell phone and a laptop. I’m thinking a 10 inch would do me nicely. I think one of those  will give me the ability to keep up with every one, post travel blogs and photos, check emails, do a little basic Google and all while remain well within the strict weight/ size limits imposed by travelling. I can’t afford the iconic ipad, but there are plenty of tablets out there that are quite similar and half the price. I’m at a bit of a loss a far as buying this essential piece of equipment goes, ‘tablets’ and suchlike are really not my area of expertise so if any one has any suggestions, please………….let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a very nice camera. I think it will make a great traveling companion.

    I have no suggestions on a tablet. But I hope someone else comes up with an idea or two. I have been looking for one myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm totally in love with my new camera, can't wait to go out and practice. As for the tablet..............I found something on ebay and should get it before I leave.......so looking forward to going.

      Delete
  2. If I didn't have an ipad (2), I'd go for a Samsung Galaxy or a Nexus 7. Love the ipad, but it has its limitations, such as no usb ports, so you can't plug anything in it or it doesn't support flash, but that's not usually a problem. I'm sure you'll find other brands that are cheaper too. Can't wait to see some photos you take with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've spotted my problem exactly, I wanted one with USB port to plug in the camera, or at least the card reader. The one I've ordered has what they call a mini usb port but it comes with a lead that acts as an adaptor to allow me to plug in the camera...............this is a bit of a steep learning curve for me .I think it was the samsung I was looking at, my phone is samsung and I'm happy enough with that, but the one I've ordered seems to have all the same stuff as the samsun but it was much cheaper (on ebay)...........I've bought it now so I'm hoping I made the right decision. :-))

      Delete