Wednesday, 9 January 2013

More of my paintings.




Monday was supposed to be the first day of term. I got up, got myself ready and went off to work. It lasted about one and a half hours and then I was sent home for being obviously unwell. I have never known a bug like this one; I can’t remember the last time any thing made me this ill. After about the first week I thought I was feeling a bit better, I even spent an hour or so out in the garden, but maybe that was a mistake.  I realised I wasn’t getting better, the illness was just changing. What I’m left with, three weeks into this illness is dizziness and virtual deafness. There is a constant ‘whoosy sound’ in my ears and I can’t hear any thing except echos Still the Dr says ‘it’s a virus and there’s nothing we can do for it’.
On a brighter note; being deaf and hearing ‘whoosy sounds’ hasn’t stopped me sitting at the kitchen table and finishing of a couple of paintings. I’ve had these paintings half finished for ages. The portrait is similar but not the same as one I did a little while ago and the landscapes were both started back in the summer when I was painting several local scenes that I had previously photographed. 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paintings Loretta, your portraits are excellent and I always loved your landscapes.
    so sorry you are still fighting the bug you picked up. I wonder if you have that really bad flu that they say is the worse in some time. Sending along healing thoughts to you-Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kathy..............think I neeed al the healing thoughts i can get.:-)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I am sorry to hear you have been sick. I think just about all of my contacts have been ill this past week or so. I hope you get to feeling better and back to yourself soon.

    This is some beautiful art here Loretta. You are very talented. I always wished I could paint, but I am not gifted that way.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) glad you like them, and pleased to report, that after almost three weeks, I think I'm begining to feel better

      Delete
  4. I love both your portraits and landscapes.

    Before the holidays one of my friends still had a cough from a cold she'd had a month before. She's a smoker, so that doesn't help matters I'm sure. Haven't talked to her yet to find out if she's better. Hope you get better soon. May your virus leap into the sea and drown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you start to feel better soon. You want to be fit and well by the end of this term! Nice to have some unexpected painting time and the talent. I'm not very creative at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can finish up such beautiful painting while under the weather,Loretta, you really are creative. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, today is Saturday and I'm happy to report, I'm feeling a whole lot better now. I'm signe off sick untill Tuesday and I'm sure I'll be ok for work by then.

      Delete
    2. That is good news! Hope your return to work only brings you more strength and thanks for your comments on my recent blog.

      Delete