Have you
ever noticed how as you get older there seems to be some sort of role reversal
going on between yourself and your children. ??
My daughter
woke me up from a wonderful, deep and restful sleep by phoning to say I
had embarrassed her and she was mortified. Was I worried??… um… no, did I
experience immediate pangs of regret?? …. um…. no………….the first thought to pop
into my head was a childish and gleeful……………..well now you know how it feels.
She proceeded to reprimand me as if I were the child, and I ignored her and
went back to sleep, much as she had done as a (very embarrassing) teenager.
Well I
guess there are some benefits to getting older after all, and granny was right,
what goes around comes around……………..:-)
Oh I love this ! My two oldest daughters have started to treat me that way too. I thought I had to be about 80 before they started treating me like I was the kid and they were the parent. I just laugh it off most of the time too. Good for you for going back to sleep :-)
ReplyDeleteI think its funny how those close to my age finds this amusing, and those who are closer to their age, are not in the least amused.
DeleteI realises that age brings a certain amount of liberation in it's wake. :-)
We're not so concerned about embarrassing ourselves or we're just not as embarrassed about things as young people are. When one of my nephews was here for a visit, I wanted him to take a photo standing next to a statue of a bullfighter in the square. Of course, it's a photo that everyone takes. He refused because he didn't want to look like a tourist. Can you believe that!
ReplyDeletelol... yes I can believe that...............young people these days seem easily embarrassed. :-)
DeleteOne of the perks of growing older is being able to embarrass the kids.
ReplyDeletelol..........yep I'm learning that...............they spend their whole lives embarrassing us, and then suddenly its out turn... :-)
DeleteLol. I'm amazed at the role reversal and glad to hear that it's happening to more people than just to me. My youngest, who just turned 30, has taken to telling me what I can and cannot do. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh yes it's happening to me too. We still have this 'stand off' situation which I'm doing my best to ignore. I just don't want the confrontation, the agro or the stress. If she eventually decides she wants to resume normal relations without the prelude of confrontation..............I'm here.
DeleteAnd you think the problems are over when they grow up, apparently not.