Generally speaking, I’m not a great fan of Piers Morgan. I don’t actually have any thing against him, but I’m not that enamoured with him either. And until recently I’d never heard of Alex Jones, and then I happened upon THAT interview. As for gun law, I’m truly, truly grateful that I live here with our proportionally much lower gun crime and our checks and restrictions on gun ownership, and not there with their apparent free for all.
BUT, don’t accuse me of being part of the anti gun lobby because I’m really not. In fact I couldn’t care less if every one in America sees fit to arm them selves with an arsenal many small nations would be proud of, I only care that the same thing doesn’t happen here. Also of course, I have learnt that it’s totally pointless to argue with any one who cites their constitutional right to ‘bare arms’.
My attitude is; ‘I’m not American, I don’t live there, so not my business’.
BUT; after watching THAT interview, I can’t help thinking Alex Jones is an aggressive lunatic with severe anger issues. His habitual use of threats, intimidation, sarcasm and bullying tactics to replace the more usual social chit chat is quite disturbing. He would have served his cause a lot better by arguing his case in a civilised, calm and logical way rather than refusing to answer questions and constantly shouting over the top of Piers. I’m so glad I don’t share a continent with him, personally I wouldn’t leave him in charge of a pea shooter never mind his collection of 50 assorted firearms. Now that is a scary thought. I can’t help thinking, what ever your views on gun law, this man did himself no favours with his tirade of abuse.
Alex Jones is an angry character who lives off controversy. He is all talking points and no original thinking. A flat-out paranoid in my view. And, yes,be thankful you don't live in the USA where so many people like this seem to think you need more guns than the National Guard.
ReplyDeleteThere are reasons why sane and responsible people should have guns for hunting and reasonable protection from criminals. Alex Jones just isn't one of them. He is nuts and anybody who says otherwise is either ignorant or scared.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteCome call me ignorant and scared to my face you statist parrot. For you to suggest someone is void of original thought is TRULY LAUGHABLE.
DeleteDon't like higher taxes.. RACIST
DeleteDon't like government in my healthcare.. RACIST
Don't like executive fiat abuse.. RACIST
Don't like the emerging police state.. RACIST
Originality.... NOT! Talking point hypocrisy, ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see what you mean Doug
DeleteMy remarks were not directed at Scott. I wasn't even thinking about him,
Deletebut about Alex Jones.
Thanks for your comments Doug, I appreciate what you wrote.
DeleteI know you responded to what I wrote about Alex. I was going to respond to you and then I read an angry PM over on Blogster from Scott in which he was far less polite about you than you are about him, which in part prompted my response to both you and him.
I've never heard of Alex Jones before, and as I said, I'm not even a great fan of Piers Morgan, but in my mind, when someone acts the was Alex did, not only does he make an idiot of himself, a laughing stock in front of the world, he loses the argument he feels so pasioante about.
I've followed Alex for 12 years and I can fully understand why someone who is not familiar with him would see him as you do. but the fact of the matter is, he's right. And he knew full well that after Piers ambushed Larry Pratt, Jesse Ventura and just about every other person on his show who supports the 2nd amendment what he was getting in to. I can assure you Alex had NO intention of having a debate with Piers anymore than Piers has any interest in facts or fairness. Alex Jones may have a rough exterior and less than desirable delivery, but he knows that and owns who he is. The same cannot be said for the lying sack of British filth over here engaged in subversion to our right to self defense. Facts do matter and speaking strictly for myself, whenever facts are acknowledged, I'm ready to have a civil discussion.
ReplyDelete
DeleteWhat I saw when I watched this was a man who was rude, angry, unwilling to have any sort of discussion and who was only interested in shouting over the top of someone, taking every opportunity to ridicule them, belittle them, using very personal insults and generally be obnoxious in every possible way. I’m not to sure what you mean when you say ‘’ he knows who he is and owns it’’, if that means he knows he is an angry rude and obnoxious man but hey that’s OK because he admits it, well sorry but I don’t agree,. It’s not in any way shape or form OK for any one to behave that way. I would reprimand any child who acted that way for what ever reason and I certainly don’t expect adults to act that way regardless of circumstance or personal conviction. Every civilized and polite person I have ever met would agree with me. Once a person resorts to anger, shouting and trading personal insults they have lost the argument, It’s absolutely fine for him to disagree with people, and its absolutely fine to have a debate about the issues, but any one who acts that way in public is not going to be taken seriously by any one who matters. In my experience the only people who condone these revolting angry outbursts are people who have the same anger management issues.
Typical emotional gasbag Brit
ReplyDeleteHave you opened a can of worms, Loretta?
ReplyDeletelol I think that particular can was opened long before I mentioned it.
Delete