Wednesday, 9 January 2013

One more painting finished

Just finished another one. I'm not too pleased with the way this one turned out but I have had it sat in the house half finished for almost a year. If I started this today, I think I would tackle it very differently. Anyhow.................it's nice to finish it.

7 comments:

  1. I like it Loretta-especially the two men fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an artist so I don't know what you don't like about it. I like the way you've painted the trees reflecting in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the painting looks so peaceful. It must feel good to finish something that you've had sitting for so long unfinished. It always is for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, It is very good to finish, I hate having stuff half done. Even if I don't like the finished thing, at least its done and I can move onto something else. The park where the photo was taken that I used for the painting was indeed very peaceful.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting picture, it looks like an ancient scene from a time long passed. Congratulations on finishing it Loretta, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron, glad you like it, but for me, I'm not too pleased. I just think of it as a learning process, it was started ages ago and now its finished and I can move on to other things. It was painted from a photo I took last year in France, we visited a man made recreational lake, it had a beach, a swimming area a boating area and wild areas for fishing. The park itself reminded me of a bygone age so I guess I did something right. :-)

      Delete