Friday, 1 March 2013

Clapton

 Clapton

Officially I retire 4 weeks from today. Unofficially, I’ll be leaving in two weeks. The reason is simple, I’ve been given another appointment for eye surgery (the last one was cancelled) and I go in on Monday 18th, then I have to stay off work for a two week recovery period, and at the end of those two weeks, I retire, therefore, I will leave on Friday 15th, go in for surgery on Monday 18th, and not return. Two weeks is a short time, now that its here, I’ve very mixed feelings. I needed music to chill out to, and this is it.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on your upcoming retirement-you will love it once it's upon you-lots more time to create-hugs postitive thoughts for your eye surgery-and love Clapton-good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like you have mixed feelings. Take it one thing at a time and know that life really does lead us in the directions we are to go. Love the Clapton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Clapton has to be one of the best guitarists. I love his rendition of George Harrison's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. Hope you enjoy your last two weeks of work. If I were there fore your retirement party, I'd bring some of my famous brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, of course, I meant for your party. An edit button would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a feeling your retirement is going to be pretty busy what with the gardening, the art, posting on here and all the other things going on for you. I wish you all the very best for the eye surgery Loretta, I'll be thinking of you on the 18th, sending good vibes right across the border and zooming in your direction.
    Good Eric Clapton picks by the way.
    I just thought..... you'll have to have an online retirement party ..post some party songs and we'll all have a knees up to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, an online retirement party would be great. Hope you'll get past your eye procedures smoothly, Loretta, and look forward to your coming posts with your new "freedom". Thanks for the Clapton selections!

    ReplyDelete