I am so cold today; I’ll swear the temperature is lower now than it was in January. It should be illegal be this cold so close to April. We have this constant icy wind, gusts of sleet and snow and biting cold. The snow doesn’t lay, it just makes every thing wet and cold and miserable. I had an expedition to the shops today; groceries were getting a bit low. It was the first time I’d ventured out since surgery, well apart from my daily sprint along the garden to take the recycling and composting out. I bought a hat while I was in town. It’s one of those Peruvian looking knitted hats with ear flaps and little knitted cords hanging either side of the face. I think I must have looked a bit bizarre but at least I was warm.
And on a brighter note, my lovely daughter and her very generous partner have decided to buy and fit a new bathroom for me as a special retirement present. Wow………..what a surprise that was. Therefore, I’ve decided to stop stressing about what’s not getting done in the garden and concentrate on what I can do in the house. I’ve decided to prepare the bathroom for its radical face lift. I’ve unscrewed all the shelves and cabinets, taken them off the wall and stored them in the shed. I’m half way through stripping the old wallpaper and when I’ve finished that, I’m going to paint the bathroom ceiling. Hopefully al this physical work will take my mind off the cold.
But for now…………..music that makes me feel cheery and summery
Hi Loretta, what an awesome retirement gift! thats wonderful. Mitch says he has been getting torrential rain with high winds-so sounds like rough weather in most places-stay warm
ReplyDeleteYes its a wonderful gift, I feel a little difficult in accepting but they are quite genuine about it and I really do need a new bathrom. I've done what I can over the years with the redecorating, but I'm not a plumber, they really are being very good.
ReplyDeleteAs for the weather, yes its right across the UK, its relentless. I've just been reading about a woman whom lost her life in Cornwall ( on the south coast) when her house collapsed due to landslide caused by rain. Its awful weather here.
Love the hat, I've got one a bit similar they do keep you warm don't they?.....Another good selection of tunes too, I especially like Teach Your Children, its been a long time since I last heard that. The weather is pretty bad here too, endless snow today, wintry and horrible outside, there's a blizzard going on as I type. Several trees have fallen around here in the last day or two because of the snow and the wind. I hate to hear that trees have fallen, not only because of the dangers they pose to people but because we have lost something important from the landscape. I miss fallen trees...well a bit anyway. I hope ypou are making a good recovery now Loretta, stay warm and hunker down until Spring arrives, that's what I'd like to do myself, but not being retired its not an option for me right now, envy is a terrible thing....good luck with your decorating.....how lucky you are to have a new bathroom on its way, everything is looking up for you Loretta, well done :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Aaron nice to see you, yep I love my hat too. Weather here still awful, howling wind and its freezing. I'm so happy to be retired, I felt as if I had nothing left to give. I almost feel as if I've grown old in that place. Hope you don't have too long before you retire.
DeleteAlthough I have no snow and it is not as cold as what you are experiencing, it is actually much cooler here in Florida than it was in January. It seems that our March is always colder and I assume it is from the weather patterns over North America, the fronts dip down farther than they do in winter.
ReplyDeleteHow nice that your bathroom is getting a facelift ! I re-did mine a few years back,and it looks so much better.
I hope soon you will be warm again Loretta. Oh and Happy Retirement :-)
thanks, its still very cold here but I've spent the day stripping off all the old wallpaper, the new stuff is being delivered tomorrow and fitting will start next weekend
Delete