So today’s the day I get to celebrate my birthday with my family. The actual birthday was a couple of days ago but the birthday tea is today, and the most important thing about the birthday tea, is the family. It’s not going to be ‘my sisters and me’, although I would love my sisters to be there if they didn’t live so far away. It’s going to be my daughters, my grandchildren and me. Except my youngest and she lives a couple of hundred miles away and is working, thats here at the top of the page.
And in keeping with ‘family’, this is the music. It’s a bit of an odd collection but it all comes back to family. Sister sledge for obvious reasons, followed by the rather odd family. Odd families are far more common these days than the old ‘heterosexual plus 2.5 family’. And finally, the band ‘Family’ from somewhere back in my youth. I went to London to the old Marquee Club to see this band eons ago. Info on the band here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_%28band%29
families are a good thing-nice choice of music-hugs
ReplyDeleteHave a good celebration, Loretta.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday Loretta.... I don't do much family stuff myself, but I'm glad you had as many as possible celebrating with you. The videos are all never seens for me ...I'd never seen Sister Sledge before (although I'd heard the song) I have never seen Ice Age at all and ....Family ...I missed them when they played Mothers in Birmingham back in the day....so thanks for giving me a chance to catch up a bit here Loretta :-)
ReplyDeleteAll the best AA
Always nice to spend time with family. Happy Birthday !!
ReplyDelete