I seem to be
inundated with morally corrupt individuals posting links to their dubious 'get
an instant loan' sites. Any suggestions on how to block them permanently?
They leave comments on random blogs, (singning in as 'anonymous'), praising
my talents and saying how wonderful my site is, and then leave a link to site
that give instant cash for extortionate interest rates. I have to come here and
check about twice a day to delete these comments and report them as spam, but
they just keep coming back.
All
suggestions gratefully received.
If you go to your Dashboard and choose Settings then Comments and Posts, you have some control over who can comment. You can choose either word verification (which I hate) or you can choose to only let comments be published once you see them and approve them. There is a spam detector on here and up until this past week, it has been working fine, but some of those comments have slipped through on my blogs too. It is supposed to automatically detect them, but I think how they are getting through is because someone actually types a few words before letting the rest of that comment post so the detector thinks it's legitimate.
ReplyDeleteThanks..........I'm going to have to try something cos its driving me nuts keep coming back here to delete their crap.Maybe their spam detector will kick in and work soon.
DeleteTake the money and run Loretta, you could arrange the maximum from each of them and then 'disappear' and set up your own artist commune on the proceeds....just an idea, if not a very good one :-(
ReplyDeleteOtherwise PerfectMindStorm's advice seems the best way forward, but please Loretta...anything but word recognition, it drives me bonkers
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deletebelieve me if there was any way I could get my hands on their blood money without being hounded for the rest of my days I would.
Deleteplease see comment at end of this post, this is what I'm having to put up with at least once per day.Every time I find one I click on the 'spam' but they just keep coming back, any ideas??
http://forgetmenot525.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/jan-12-2011-multiply-mr-trump-has-fight.html?showComment=1359868195987#c5916930706540884719
Sorry can't figure out how to make the link work, but it works if its copy/ paste
DeleteI'm seeing an uptick in spam comments too. I think Lia has the best explanation. I'm hoping Google catches up with them soon.
ReplyDeleteNanina
Thanks, I am going to try her suggestions, this does seem like the best idea so far.
Deletethe spam seems to go in spurts, that is why I had set my blog to have to type in those letters and numbers but that is such a pain and I don't like doing that-so I changed my settings from annoymous which is anyone-to anyone that has an identity I think it is called-people can sign in from didn't blog sites facebook, wordpress etc-that has helped with my spam allot
ReplyDeleteAnd maybe it's the Duck spamming you. When you find the solution, let us know. I think Kathy's suggestion sounds good.
ReplyDeleteI seem to be having similar problems on my Twitter account, Loretta, where I get these "followers" who are selling sordid activities. I don't solicit them; they just show up. I'll I've been able to do is block them manually. Wish I could be more help on this.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy, Brenda and Doug, now you mention it, several people have said the spammers seem to be getting worse lately. Maybe it's just a temporary thing. At least I hope it is.
ReplyDeleteI get that too but on my old Jilly blog not this new one.
ReplyDeletethey don't seem to be giving up, I've just deleted another two.
Delete