Saturday, 9 February 2013

Life study, acrylic on canvas.

I've done quite a bit of life drawing over the last few years, but this is my first attempt at life painting since I was at college as a teenager. It's acrylic on canvas, not exactly anatomically correct but I quite like it anyway. Obviously I don't have a model lounging around my living room; this was taken from a combination of a couple of different pictures.

5 comments:

  1. The other day I read that Picasso used normal house paint, so you can use whatever media you want. This is a very nice painting, Loretta. I know you're looking forward to doing a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that too, in fact a few artists have used what I would call 'house paint’; both emulsion paint and gloss paint. I think it’s a great idea because it works out so much cheaper, but others have told me its not designed to be used by artists and the paintings will crack and flake after a few years.........personally I think it’s a great idea, maybe I’ll try it one day.

      Delete
  2. I like this picture a lot Loretta, the colours are wonderful and the model looks interesting, keep up the good work, more lofe paintings please :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I like life paintings and yep.............intend to do some more. I've printed off a few of the more famous paintings of naked ladies from the internet and intend (sometime) to do paintings based on these.
      Thanks, happy to know you liked it.
      :-)

      Delete