Ravi Shankar and George Harrison
I used to have an uncle (long since dead) who, I was told, came home from work one day and announced to his family that they were all
going to be vegetarian. He played the sitar; I remember this instrument
fascinated me as a child.
While we were still children he decided to move himself and
his entire family, my auntie and four cousins, all the way to Wales. I never
saw any of them again after they moved, they apparently moved to a cottage/
farm house type home in the middle of a field and half way up a hill. He became
the village postman and … from what I am told, they all lived happily ever
after.
When George Harrison developed his interest in the sitar it
always made me think of my sitar playing uncle, my auntie, and my four cousins all
lost to the hills of Wales
translation ( taken from the comments on youtube where it’s
posted)
om saha nāvavatu saha nau bhunaktu saha vīryaṃ karavāvahai tejasvināvadhītamastu mā vidviṣāvahai oṃ
śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ
Om ! May He protect us both
together; may He nourish us both together;
May we work conjointly with great energy, May our study be vigorous
and effective; May we not mutually dispute (or may we not hate any).
Om ! Let there be Peace in
me !
Let there be Peace in my environment!
Let there be Peace in the forces that act on me
No comments:
Post a Comment