I’ll not bore you with the details but my internet has been a bit of an on/ off affair for a couple of weeks now. I’ve been able to view other peoples posts on my phone but I find it very difficult posting anything, even comments, using a phone.
However…………..I’m here now. AND……………….I’ve retired, or at least I’ve finished work. My official retirement date is still a couple of weeks away but I’m booked into eye surgery on Monday and after that I’ll take a couple of weeks post op to recover and that will take me up to my official retirement date. So, no more work for me EVER!!!
On Friday, my last day, they gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a big box of chocolates and a bottle of Champaign, all very much appreciated. I have a meal booked at a little Italian restaurant in town for Sat 30th (when I will be fully recovered from the surgery) for myself and a few good friends. I’ve booked my tickets for France. This is travelling on a shoestring budget, discount senior coach card, cheap coach tickets from here to Stansted airport (London) because the flights out of Scotland are all far more expensive, flights Stansted to LaRochelle followed by a hotel deal. Two nights in LaRochell for a fraction of the usual cost followed by a month in south west France staying my sister. While I’m there I hope to catch up with my cousin who also has a house in the same area of France. I’ve not seen this cousin for years, in fact I can’t remember the last time I saw her but as children we grew up living four doors away from each other, we went to the same school, walked to and from school together and even shared some of the same classes. We studied art and needlecraft together and like me, she has rekindled her interest in art as she has grown closer to retirement. I’m looking forward to catching up with her.
I have a house full of art/craft/sewing/knitting and general ‘things to do’ stuff just waiting for me to get creating. In fact my cupboards are bulging with craft stuff and my book shelves are overflowing with books on everything from candle making to salt dough modelling to how to make beauty products from natural ingredients to different fabric dying techniques to multimedia image making. I’ve know for a long time my retirement is going to be time and energy rich but financially poor and I’ve been actively collecting and storing anything and every thing I could lay my hands on in preparation for this great day.
I’ve been in touch with a friend, a retired lady who is a keen amateur photographer. We are planning plenty of cheap days out needing only our free senior bus pass, a packed lunch and a camera. I have another friend who comes to my house every week and we sit at the kitchen table chatting, painting and drinking coffee. All in all…………………I’m so happy to be retired, I have so many things to do, places to go, people to see, and finally; I’ll have the time to do it all.
But first, I need to catch up here, plan is to post the usual stuff and then catch up with other peoples posts, I’ve quite missed not being able to share things here.

First of all, know that I've been thinking about you, and secondly to tell you how envious I am! Tomorrow is a holiday for us but I'll remember your surgery.
ReplyDeleteIs that pink champagne?