Friday, 5 October 2012

A collection of music inspired by traditional English Folk Music

A Collection of music for the weekend, inspired by traditional English folk music.

''Meet on the ledge'';  Fairport convention

"John Barleycorn"; Steeleye Span

''Scarborough Fair'';  John Renbourn

''House Carpenter''; Pentangle 

''Cosmic Surfer''; Quintessence


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a fine collection of folk and folk-rock classics here Loretta. I think of them all my favourite is the John Renbourn version of Scarborough Fair from his Lady and the Unicorn album, brilliant...love the medieval collage on the video. Pentangle of course are just wonderful.

    My most viewed YouTube video (by a long way) is possibly the one of the last videos of Burt Jansch playing with Pentangle... shortly before he sadly died last year.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1ZMfsjBos&feature=plcp

    Thanks for posting this great selection Loretta, I'd never heard that last song by Quintessence so thanks for the introduction to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome, much as I loved these bands back in the 60's/ 70's I think I moved away from them later on. Guess its seeing bands like this on your page that made me start thinking of them again. Also of course, I've been in Scotland for more than 20 years and sometimes I forget my original English heritage. Nice to be remembering again :-))

      Delete