Monday, 15 October 2012

My friends country cottage

Two weeks ago I spent three days staying with a friend of mine. She lives in a picture postcard country cottage with white walls and apples trees in the garden. 
Her cottage lies between Forfar and Kirriemuir and is literally on the doorstep to the Glens. 

It’s a beautiful part of the country; at the rear of her garden the land is full of farmer’s fields and newly stacked hay bales. Looking in the opposite direction and across the road you see the hills in the distance where the setting sun dips beneath the horizon.
Wee drove a short way from her house and stopped to admire the view, we both did a little drawing and painting. 


From her you could see the hillside covered in different coloured fields. It looked like a patchwork of different autumn colours. 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and description. You are so lucky to be able to enjoy this, and I hope Donald Trump never sees this wonderful part of Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention him, the documentary about him is about to be shown on BBC next Sunday.........that's something I really want to watch. This is a beautiful part of the country and in my opinion, this is the best time of year to see it.

      Delete
  2. Great photos of pastoral Harvest Festival type scenes (maybe a week or too after?) I love the autumnal shapes and colours below the blue sky and the white and grey clouds. Summer is over the harvest is safely gathered in as the leaves turn to match the stubble when russet rules. Thanks for these lovely images Loretta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a couple of weeks ago now, some of the fields still look like that and some of them have been ploughed. I love these colours, I think this is the best time of year, even when the fields have been ploughed they are a deep rich colour.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful, beautiful photos !! Looking at them I feel as if I am right there enjoying the peace and serenity of being out in the country away from the noise and hustle of city/town life.

    I appreciate you sharing your visit in this way. I love all of the pictures you post on your blogs actually.

    Have a wonderful and restful week Loretta :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live in the country, I live in a fairly small town, population about 25,000, but the country side is all around us and I could never move back into a City, I think I would hate city life now. Thanks, I find it quite peaceful being here.

      Delete