Sunday, 28 October 2012

Still life, acrylic on canvas

Still life, Acrylic on Canvass

 I have a habit of not finishing paintings. I made a point of finishing this one. It’s a still life that I began in Thursdays art class. I took a photo of the arrangement, printed it off and finished the painting at home. I’m quite pleased with the result; I don’t usually do still life. It's acrylic on canvas and measures 50x60cm

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Loretta. Are you going to frame and hang it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, no I'm not going to frame it, framing casts quite a lot of money, I though I could just paint the edge of the canvas to match and then hang it as it is. Glad you like it, I'm quite pleased with this one

      Delete
    2. lol... ther is a shop that has closed down in our high street and in the window are a few broken maniquins, some are just heads, some just the torso and there are a couple of hands laying around. I really want some of them to draw but have no idea how to get them.

      Delete
  2. Yes I like your still life too Loretta, interesting shapes and colours you've used here

    ReplyDelete