Home again at last.
I’ve spent the last week house and dog sitting while eldest daughter was on holiday. In fact I’ve been multi-tasking; while house/dog sitting for the eldest, I’ve also been helping middle daughter with lots of application forms. She likes her job well enough, in fact she’s very happy there, but the pay is so low she has to work far too many hours and has very little time left for her children. Some weeks she puts in 60 hours (she works for Asda, owned by Walmart, no surprises there then). But, in one short week, we have completed and sent 10 application forms for different jobs, all with the local authority who offer much better pay and conditions. Middle daughter is bright but dyslexic and I always figure if I can help her with the applications and get her as far as interview, her ability and personality will shine through and then it’s up to her to sell herself. Multi tasking doesn’t end there, middle daughter and I have been out to view four houses this week because youngest daughter is desperate to move back into this area, we miss her and she misses us. Finding a suitable house is proving very difficult but we all hope she will be back here by Christmas.
I think I already mentioned I was away staying with a friend the week before. This means in the last two weeks, I’ve only spent about 4 nights in my own house. By this morning, when eldest daughter arrived home from holiday, I really wanted to be in my own house and sleep in my own bed. I needed to be at home and it’s that ‘I want to go home feeling’ that’s inspired my music collection for the week. It’s a mixed bag of music, all about going home, hope you enjoy.
Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
Dory Previn The Lady with the Braid
If Walmart isn't the worst company to work for, it's one of the
ReplyDeleteworst. I sure hope your daughter is able to find something better. Welcome back. You've been missed.
Thanks Brenda, she likes her job, she likes the people she works with, she likes being part of the team, she likes the work, but the pay is so poor she has to find something else. If we put in enough forms she has to get something better one day.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well with your daughters. Nice song selection, I know what ya mean-nothing like sleeping in ones own bed-hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy.............oh yes, nothing beats sleeping in your own bed in your own home.....
Delete