Sunday, 21 October 2012

You've been Trumped; the documentary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-13760844

There were a few things I intended to do this evening, instead I became engrossed in the documentary ‘You’ve Been Trumped’. The film makers followed the story of the Donald Trump golf course project in Aberdeenshire , it documented his harassment of local residents, disregard for land boundaries, and what can only be described as  environmental vandalism of the ( supposedly) protected sand dunes. I feel as if I’ve seen the face of evil in action; this man gives me the creeps.
The sand dune environment was a SSPI which means, designated site of Special Scientific Interest, one academic environmentalist described it as a completely unique site and Scotland’s equivalent of the Rain Forest. Scotlands Government and Aberdeenshires local council backed Trump for reasons I fail to understand and Grampian police, although claiming to be neutral, appeared anything but………the whole thing makes me sick. If there is any one in the UK who hasn’t seen it, then you really should, and if you are outside the UK, please see it when ever you get the opportunity. 

On the plus side………..a post note on the film said he has threatened to pull out of building the Disney style Hotel because the Scottish Government refuse to stop a planned off shore wind farm. I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies although, the sand dunes them selves are already gone. This guy will give me nightmares.

10 comments:

  1. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to read this. He gives me the creeps too. Is there anyone out there who likes the Donald? My grandma was always wondering what the world is coming to. A sad place, I think , when someone like this individual is permitted to destroy our families' inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's odd I posted a comment earlier and now it has gone...how strange is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very strange..............what ever it was I didn't delete it, maybe you could repost it ??

      Delete
  3. Its just one of those Blogosphere things that happens from time-to-time Loretta, there is no rhyme nor reason for it. My earlier comment was about corruption and people like Trump having the patronage of the British Government who after all work for him and all the other transatlantic oligarchs, otherwise known as the Banksterocracy....

    The British government are of course famous for their willing compliance with the demands of people like Trump and other starlets of the American aristocracy. That is why that unpleasant policeman thought he could be violent to protect the interests of his (indirect) benefactor, or at least the goose that laid the golden egg for his bosses and their fellow masonic recipients.

    The police in Scotland are of course infamous for their corruption, its a bit like Paraguay or Kosovo up there north of the border.

    For example,last year Strathclyde’s Deputy Chief Constable Neil Richardson revealed 27 organised crime gangs were actively trying to infiltrate the force by grooming and planting recruits in the ranks.

    He also said that the force probed 369 criminal complaints against serving officers in 2010.

    Of those, 218 were accused of passing data about investigations, suspects and informants. Three of those were sacked.

    In the new figures obtained by the Sunday Mail, Northern Constabulary – with a force of 715 officers – topped the table with 45 accused of 102 corruption charges.

    A Northern Constabulary spokesman said: “Any officer who compromises public confidence in the force will always be dealt with appropriately and commensurately.

    “The officer who was convicted of the serious offence of attempting to pervert the course of justice in 2010 is no longer a serving officer as a result of that robust process.”

    Tayside Police were next with 43 reported to prosecutors since 2007.In the last year, 33 of their officers were accused of corrupt practice.

    Central Police had 36 suspected corrupt officers in the last five years. However, none of them faced court.

    Six officers were dealt with internally by the force, with just two facing misconduct hearings and the others receiving “advice”.

    Grampian had 11 cases, Lothian and Borders eight – with two officers convicted and jailed.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/only-six-police-prosecuted-for-corruption-1296892

    So the bad behaviour seen here is no surprise at all, its what you'd expect from a force of hired thugs many of whom have their hands in the cookie jar.

    Actually the police south of the border aren't much different, but they don't call the birthplace of police corruption 'Scotland Yard' for nothing Loretta lol.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comments Aaron;
      One of the things that really upset me was, it wasn't the UK Government who gave Trump the go ahead, it was the SNP Scottish Government. The original application submitted to the Aberdeenshire Local Authority planning committee was refused. Donal Trump then appealed to the Scottish Government and the Scottish Government intervened and made the unprecedented decision to recall the plans and consider the application at government level. They literally overturned the previous decision made at local level. What they did was unquestionably undemocratic and I'm not even sure the actions of the Scottish Government were legal. I I take on board what you say about the police and yes, there is known corruption with in the police force both north and south of the border. The police involved in this case are from the Grampian force, the same police force who operate in the area where I live and who have previously had a better than average reputation. Which is not to say they are blameless, I watched the documentary and saw them harassing local residents and the film crew. But my feelings are, the guys at the scene were following orders from above. Ultimately they are doing as the Scottish Government bids and protecting what was seen as an important investment project.

      Delete
  4. PART 2 (exceeded character allowance above lol) ......

    This is of course a problem all over the UK and beyond, but the recent announcement by the SNP that an independent Scotland would remain in NATO means it would remain part of the Anglo-American Empire and therefore not independent in any meaningful way at all. Ireland isn't in NATO it has a "traditional policy of military neutrality" but the Scottish Government just signed up to the warmaking pact in the event of independency making the the whole thing tainted and throttled in the cradle..... So more smoke and mirrors there from Mr Salmond's outfit too....leaving me with the impression that all we can rely on now is each other and that is why we are so busy visioning and capacity building locally....... even as I type.

    A disgraceful display of police state brutality and bankster corruption here, but on the plus side it was only three days ago I travelled the 102 miles or 164.12 KMS to London be on the streets with more than 150,000 people who agree with me, many of whom had travelled much further to be there.....but the marching is now going to be on the back shelf I think, more meaningful action is emerging now from various hubs more or less everywhere.

    One top priority which you, yourself Loretta are already an advanced practitioner of is the maintenance and the liberation of the food supply which is obviously crucial.

    Eco-crimes are a concern for all of us of here in the 'virtual neighbourhood watch group' .....we will pass information on that details every development in order to keep the predator under the proper surveillance of the watchful and alerted herd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You touch on a couple of things here that really worry me. As you know, I am strongly in favour of Scottish independence, and the only way to achieve this is to vote SNP, and the more I know of the SNP, the less I want to vote for them. It is a real dilemma. The only way I can rationalise this is to think; first independence by what ever means and after independence, vote for those we agree with and want to govern this country. If we gain independence, we will have a system of proportional representation which, hopefully will give us a more moderate government with some representation from the socialist party and the green party.
      As for food liberation, I understand exactly what you mean and only wish I could grow more, as it is all I manage to produce is a few bits to supplement the shop bought produce.
      Good for you for joining the march, I'm grateful to any one who marches and protests on behalf of the rest of us

      Delete
  5. Trump is a friggin pirate!

    This is possibly possibly the most arrogant bastard in the national media over here in America, and that is saying quite a lot. He actually campaigned for President for a while here.

    He is also a camera-chasing media-harlot, and I mean that with all due respect.

    Trump should keep people up at night; the fascination with the man escapes me.

    He also always speaks in those annoying superlatives about how everything he does is great and wonderful and he's terrific. But if he gets criticized he tears into people with no facts and all personal attack.

    No wonder he or his organization wants film crews arrested for finding out the truth about what he's up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug
      I hear what you are saying, he is in a class of his own, I know of no one else who openly and publicly treats people with such arrogant disrespect and contempt. He has no idea what he is talking about. He is just about the only man alive who could provoke me to violence. If he were with in reach when calling peoples homes 'slums' and saying, 'they live like pigs', 'it is disgusting'.. etc.....the urge to hit him would be overwhelming. The man who he insults is living on a working croft and living a lifestyle that has been practiced in that area for generations. We should be going out of our way to support those people who continue to live a traditional lifestyle not calling them pigs and destroying their homes.
      There are no words to communicate my loathing of Trump

      Delete
    2. "There are no words to communicate my loathing of Trump"

      Don't worry we will deal with Trump and the gobby little copper in due course Loretta ;-)

      Delete