A question for any one who cares to answer. In the dashboard there is a place to track your page views and every day, on every site I am tracked by someone/ something with this address
http://pregolom.com/find/in/index.php
it actually leads no where, 'this page does not exist', etc, etc...............so what or who is this thing tracking me and does it track every one or am I singled out for special attention. Is this normal?, it it all part of how things work? please some one, satisfy my curiosity
Same here, Loretta . But the link says something about Asus and the best search engine. To me sounds Russian.
ReplyDeleteHello Loretta Pregolom is a Russian pornography site and some sort ofsSwingers forum too it seems....I went to the home page which is all in Russian and translated it, if you want to know what it says I happy to send it...otherwise you'll have to take my word for it :-)
ReplyDeleteThe same on my blog.. before I`m tracked by filmhill.com..
ReplyDeleteI am also followed by pregolom and filmhill and meendo, which are porn sites. How did my blog get there? or how is it possible that these sites are leading people to my blog? Does anyone know if there is anyway to block those sites?
ReplyDeletei am also having traffic from these sites....if anyone has any suggestions on how to block, it would be greatly appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI wish I knew how to block it, I just followed links etc and found myself at meendo which is, as Aaron said, a porn site, but not in Russian. So does any one know how to block this, I've been into settings and it doesn't help. Why would a porn site be tracking my Blogger every day??
ReplyDeleteAny one got any ideas how to stop this??
And now I'm seeing Multiply.com is visiting here.......they may not be a porn site but I don't much want them here either.
ReplyDeletemultiply is another blog site. My mom and her friends use it to talk about cross stitch and stuff. I wouldn't be worried about it.
DeleteI have multiply.com too, but thought it was because I'd put a link there. Yes, if you find any info about blocking, please share it, Loretta.
ReplyDeleteMan, this is happening to me too. It must be where porn spams any website, since they want people to visit.
ReplyDeleteI came to your site seeking the same answers. I have the same site looking at my blog lots and lots of times. I know there are a lot of pornographic sites that send traffic to my blog, and I don't understand why. It makes me uncomfortable because my blog is mostly about my children.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone has insight, please leave a comment on my blog or email me directly, my email address is in the top bar of my blog under "contact us". Thanks.
Same. I'm tracked my pregolom, filmhill, meendo, my health score and a few others. Approximately,you can discount between 5-10 page views daily to allow for this fake traffic. Sometimes, it's hard to be sure. To be on the safe side, search the website name in Google. If it's not there, it's fake traffic. One real site is called "Stumble upon". This is where the user inputs there interests, and the computer uses search engines to find sites that may be of interest.
ReplyDeleteSame here... below is a link I found through Google's tech forum that associated with Blogger. Hope it helps explain things a bit:
ReplyDeletehttps://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/blogger/VqP-DcF9qYA
Same here. Looks like the best thing, the only thing, is to just ignore, and don't click on them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for getting back with me! I have done further researching, and I have found they target newer blogs. I don't know how new your blog is, but they are hoping the authors will be checking their stats, and click on these links wondering who they are. No one besides you can actually see these. People are saying if you ignore them they will go away, but if you click on them, you fuel their fire. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh thanks for giving some insight on this. I have been tracked by all of these porn sights as well and have only been blogging for 6 weeks. I noticed that once I linked up to Pinterest it steered my traffic away from those spam sights. I am still seeing them each day but it has gotten better and filmhill has completely stopped following me. Hopefully Pregolom will stop tracking me too, they are by far the worst for me. Good Luck everyone!
ReplyDeleteSame here. The only thing I can find that can block them is toolator.com Will try tonight. I suggest sending an email to google as obviously someone is trying to do something or is using our sites for malicious purposes. They have the resources to stop this. I got some stats from http://www.statscrop.com/www/pregolom.com and it says traffic is Russian and Iranian. Could this be another round of spy vs. spy happening using our blogs as cover?
ReplyDeleteonly a request is needed to generate a hit and log it. that toolator.com thing... from the forum there i see its just an addon that redirects requests client side *after* it has long been registered with blogger. So... the domain "owner" is privacyprotect.org lol. i suggest you go to http://privacyprotect.org/#report_abuse and report pregolom.com domain for referrer spamming although I dont know how much good it will do.
DeleteI'm also glad you posted this. I googled one of the links, not wanting to click on them, fearing that they were either porn or malicious. These sites have been giving me some pageviews, and my blog is about 8 weeks old. I'm really glad to have found some answers here. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThe info helped answer my questions too. Especially the link to this address:
ReplyDeletehttps://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/blogger/VqP-DcF9qYA
Thank you!
domain "owner" is privacyprotect.org lol. i suggest you go to http://privacyprotect.org/#report_abuse and report pregolom.com domain for referrer spamming although I dont know how much good it will do.
ReplyDeleteIf everyone does this it might help - I just reported them!!!!!
DeleteThanks to every one who has commented, I didn't expect such a response but in some ways its reassuring for me to know I'm not being singled out for any reason. Thanks for the 'privacyprotect' address, I'll give that a go and hope it works.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to read that other have the same goop and I am not being singled out. I still cannot see what good it does them. For sure, I would never have anything to do with them. Some good hacker out there may think of something. They like to toss monkey wrenches into the machinery. Toss them their way.
ReplyDeleteI have that listed as one of my traffic sources too! I have a lot of Russian followers so maybe it is Russian.
ReplyDeleteI think that is a bit misleading. If you check the stats on your site you will see the vast majority of the traffic come from Pregolom which is a Russian based pornography site and the reason you think most of your traffic comes from Russia is because that's where this horrible site is based. its not genuine traffic, its just that site tracking you the same way it seems to track the rest of us. Its horrible, but it seems to be happening to lots of people.
Deletethank you so much telling me about this! Now i finally know... Ugh...
ReplyDeleteyes, you are right..............ugh, ugh, ugh, ......
DeleteMe too! Oh my goodness I wondered what on earth that site was...well - at least now I know not to click on it again and I'm glad I clicked close before seeing anything unsavoury.
ReplyDeleteCan someone tell me what this referrer spamming is? I have not heard the phrase before....oh btw my blog is a few weeks old as well. Thanks to all who posted here this ha been the most helpful link so far, I'm just going to ignore them.
I have the same problem with pregolom, meendo, and filmhill. I've had my blog going for about three years. These have all recently started tracking my site, within the last three months. Unfortunately, my curiousity got the better of me and I clicked on their links. As someone above said, that probably fueled the fire. I recently started using Google Analytics and no hits from Russia are showing up. Results from Google Analytics don't match the Blogger stats, even though they are run by the same company. Very odd.
ReplyDeleteI am having lots of hits from pregolom. However the only way I know to block it is to allow access only to named readers or to blog writers. This means preventing other people to become followers of my blogs. Any suggestions as to how to blog suspect sites without blocking other readers would be appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Lillas but that is what we all want to know. There has been one suggestion here made anonymously on 31 Aug and they suggest contacting google because google does have the resources to stop this. But if they WILL stop it is anyones guess.
DeleteHi from a fellow Blogger who is experiencing the exact same invasion from Pregolom, Meendo, MyHealthScore, and Filmhill, dating from about three weeks ago. It does feel very intrusive and violating, even if it's technicially empty traffic. It definitely impacted the sense of pleasure or accomplishment that writing my blog gave me. But since I can't stop the referrers, I stopped looking at my stats page instead. It frees me to concentrate on writing, and that makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteHey: I gotten the same thing from thing from Meendo, Filmhill,and Pregolom, and I've found out they're Russian porn sites, and that makes me very uncomfortable, because my site is a inspirational, devotional blogsite.
ReplyDeleteso, if anybody knows how to block these sites, I'd really love to know. Thanks
Same with one of my blogs And wondered what it was who cares they are doing excellent in all countries strange though so many people
ReplyDeleteThis website (pregolom.com) is also viewing my blog. Same thing with filmhill.com -- I wish there was a way to block them!! :(
ReplyDeleteI am also getting these sites showing up in my stats, probably about 50 a day (but I've had my blog since 2007)... They seem to be mostly coming from Russia.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeletePlease fill me in on any way to block this. I am getting the same hits and didn't have a clue how. I Googled it and this blog came up. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Same thing with me! I started my blog in June 2012, and I've found traffic coming from pregolom,yandex.ru, filmhill and meendo. To be honest, it's a bit unsettling to me for all these funny websites to be constantly 'visiting' me. I like to post a lot of photos on my blog, and I'm taking some of them now.
ReplyDeleteI really wish there was a way to block them, yet have other genuine traffic visit our blogs! Maybe if a lot of people file complaints about this, Blogger/Google can do something about it.
I've been blogging since 9/09. Meendo started
ReplyDeleteabout 5 weeks ago. And pregolom visits started
about 2-3 weeks ago. My Most Popular Post has Children
in the Title; and others very occasionally have children
photos.
But nothing erotic.
Maybe they hacked into Blogger stats; but don't really
visit??
Isn't it funny how you can meet all these bloggers, simply due to a few sleasy parasites. I'm glad I googled pregolom now
ReplyDeleteThank you to every one who has responded, I have too admit, when I posted this I didn’t expect this amount of response. I never realised the problem was so widespread, in fact I didn’t even know if it was a problem, I was just curious to find out what it was. To date, this page has had almost 1500 page views. That shows me how worried people are about this. The other thing I have noticed since posting is that, in the time this has been posted, (7 days) hits from Pregolom have fallen from 300 per day to start with to just 15 yesterday. Now I’m wondering if they are leaving my site alone because they know we are talking about them and looking for ways to block them. I have no idea if this will work, but, anyone else wants to get rid of them you could try posting something similar. I never had a lot of faith in the ‘’name and shame’’ technique, but maybe it works after all. I can’t think of any other reason for them to suddenly leave me alone. But; I have a couple of other social networking sites and I intend to write about this and ask if any one there knows why they are tracking sites and what’s the best way to stop them. I’m not a very technical person but I do know there are other people on some of the other sites who do understand these things and maybe, someone has some useful advice.
ReplyDeleteI changed the name on my blog a few months ago, but have been using the same blog since 2008. I've got a long list of bots and fake sites on my all time Referring URLs stats including the ones mentioned in the previous comments by others. Very strange and disturbing that these sites send bots out to hitch up with blogs that have absolutely nothing to do with porn or even weird fetishes.
ReplyDeleteAmazing that so many of us are having these fakes hit our blogs. I always have been leery of links from weird sounding websites and never click them. Always google them. I did google that filmhill and it seemed a legit site. I did not click it from within my stats but from the google search. It is a movie for download site. I don't know if they are zombies for some porn site and don't know they are being used or if they are a fake film download site. They're from what it looks like, similar to hulu or netflex. I wouldn't click anything on their site since I don't watch movies and know nothing about them. As for the pregolom, I get hits from Russia like that everyday. I too would love to block them. I've been suspicious of anything from Russia and a few other similar countries. My blog has been up for over a year so it's not real new.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the information about it.
I've just found some more information about this site
ReplyDeletehttp://www.aboutus.org/Pregolom.com
this is what it says;
As of August 2012, at least, Pregolom.com is a parked site, which means that the only purpose of the website is to serve ads to its users. Archive.org does not have any previous versions of this website, so it's hard to find out what the website used to offer to its users. DomainTools.com shows that the domain name is registered through a Privacy Protection service and that its registration will expire in July 2013. If you know more about this website, please feel free to edit this page and share your knowledge.
another interesting find is here
ReplyDeletehttp://howtoquick.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/pregolom-traffic-sources-on-blogger-stats.html
I'have the same problem with Pregolo.com. I don't know if the number of visits is include from this site !! when I clicked : page error.
ReplyDeleteThat's all
Me too! Mainly Filmhill before today though. Add me to the throng. Sheesh, I thought those Russians had got interested in making Yorkshire Puddings lol. I asked for it a bit though by calling one of my sites "Sexy". Have changed the title. Wonder if I can change the URL?
ReplyDeletePS that was "ThRong" Not "THONG" you Russians.
ReplyDeleteBy the way - I write on "Triond" and there we are getting LOTS of Chinese Views. They say such Views are from Copy and Paster Plagiarisers. So if you see any articles from China about me being Censored on a site for writing about a Scottish artefact in Yorkshire, please let me know.
Thank you for posting this. I've been wondering about those sources too.
ReplyDeleteI had this strange pregolom traffic on my blog, too. Visiting this page was very enlightening.Thanks
ReplyDeleteI have the exact same issue. I own a website for more than a year and even bought a custom domain name at http://www.mpanania.com During this month I started seeing visits from pergolom. Never really found out why as the link only leads me to an error. But truth be told I don't really care from where my visitors are coming. The most important thing is that they are actually coming, and hopefully they will come again
ReplyDelete