so now I feel like moaning: Blogging isn't fun any more, its bloody hard work. I'm on 'new learning overload', I can't remember which of my friends said what on which site and I'm fed up chasing around all over the place trying to figure out which site is best for doing what and which feature should be prioritised over what and who does what best. In general.............Multiply and the fall out has finally managed to piss me off. I'm trying to save all my stuff to blogger because I like the layout and my stuff looks best there, but its hard to use it as a social networking site and even if it was OK for social networking, people keep telling me that once Multiply turn of the lights my carefully copied stuff will disappear in a puff of smoke into the outer limits of cyberspace never to be seem again. This still feels like home but no one is here, probably the best time for me to have a moan becaus its a bit like standing in the middle of a field and screaming, no one is here to hear. Tried a couple of other sites and I'm keeping up with people but it still doesn't feel right and no other site allows me to insert pictures and videos as easily as I can here, AND...........I can't make my site as 'pretty' as it is here. And now I've just had a spammy email on one of the new sites which I never had here. Just tried the new site here and maybe I'm a bit paranoid, and who wouldn't be given what we have been through, but I see the beginnings of a dating site there, they need to know if you are single or in a relationship and there is a place for 'personal' or some such thing. So..........now that I'm utterly, utterly pissed off I'm going away from the whole bloody thing for a while and I'm going to buy an ice cream
AND NOW...............my notes don't work so I have to post as a blog...........going to buy ice cream asap.
LOL, thanks for putting down in words what I am feeling myself. I have almost shut down my page on Multiply, but still have a few friends there so until they leave, I will be there. I have been here on Blogger for three years so am very comfortable with it, but it is hard to make connections here. I'm not so concerned with the social networking side of things except for the fact that it was easier to get to know people there than here. I have tried out so many sites and have not liked any of them. Like you they did not feel like "home", but I think it is because we are still on Multiply which we have been with for so long. It is rather like househunting, you have to look and look and just when you think you will never find the right place, you fall in love with one and it becomes "home".
ReplyDeleteHang in there!!
C
Oh God now I'm really confused. I posted this on Multiply, forgot Multiply is set to post here and now I find I have a post here which reads as if it relates to blogger and in fact its written about multiply. And to make matters worse, if all those people are right, this will also disappear once they turn off the lights because this is posted there.
DeleteNo this won't disappear. I have cross posted before and then deleted the post on Multiply but it remained here :-)
DeleteAnd I knew you meant Multiply also. Most people will get that, unless they were not on Multiply and then they might get confused ! It's all good though. You will get the hang of this and I really don't think you have to worry about anything disappearing here. It's never happened to me yet
DeleteI sure hope all your hard work doesn't disappear. If what was said is true, then why is multiply going to supply us with a tool to move our stuff? This is very confusing.
ReplyDeleteI knew what you meant Loretta, I read it on Mulltiply....I like the blueness here by the way...nice artwork from Erin and Kaylah who both seem to be in their Blue Periods too which only adds to the effect of course. Its not great being pissed off....but your stuff looks good here .... so dry those eyes it all worked out fine in the end .... Don't Panic, Carry On :-)
ReplyDeleteSigned Pollyanna Aardvark