Tuesday, 21 August 2012

July 7, 2012, Multiply, this n that in summer

Jul 7, '12 7:06 PM
for loretta's network
This ‘n  that ‘n some summer music


School holidays started a week ago.
I seem to have been busy.
It’s rained almost every day so far.
But at least we’ve had 'some' sunny days.
And we’ve had no flooding.
I’ve had the grandchildren staying.
We’ve not been out in the garden very much, its too wet.
They have been helping me decorate.
I couldn’t believe my luck, the local pound store was selling wallpaper for £1.00 per roll, wow what a bargain! Not exactly the colour I would have chosen but who could refuse wallpaper at £1.00 per roll? Not me! I bought enough for the big bedroom AND the hallway.
I found this inscription underneath all the old wallpaper in the hallway.
It was written by the men who did the original decorating ready for the first occupants. I think the date says 1956, I always thought this house was built in the 60’s but I guess I was wrong.
I need to finish the bedroom before next weekend. My youngest daughter is coming to stay. It’s her birthday, I’ve ordered her a special cake with a picture of her horse on top and little horse shoes and hay bales all the way around the edge. We’re all booked into a restaurant for a meal and I’ll be taking the cake with us as a surprise for her.
This weekend she and my middle daughter are at T in the park, this is them at T in the Park;

The eldest daughter is very jealous of them, and I sympathise with her. Even I feel a little jealous, they are young enough to enjoy sloshing about in the mud at music festivals and I’m now old enough to be the one staying at home doing the child minding. Just a little taste of what the daughters are doing at T in the park this weekend.
The grandchildren are going home on Tuesday. I hope it stops raining long enough for me to spend a couple of days in the garden.

video has been removed by Youtube
10 Comments
Add a Comment
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 8
mitchylr said
Yes, the rain has been a constant visitor here, too. The date on the wall looks like 26th Dec 1956. They were working on Boxing Day? Good overtime rates, I bet!!

Glad to hear the wildlife is settling into the garden.

Ah yes, I remember the days when slopping through a sea of mud to watch rock groups was actually a fun thing to do. Now, I prefer to watch them on DVD!!! LOL.
I thought the date was 20th not 26th but I guess you could be right, anyway, I've been thinking , I seem to remember that in the 50's my Dad only had Christmas day off from the factory.......maybe I remember wrong, but I always thought that when I was very young it was only the one day the men had off.

and yes..............sloshing around in the mud doesn't quite have the same appeal it did back then.

rabbitfriendhere wrote on Jul 8
Awesome about the wallpaper deal and good luck with the grands and I hope the sun comes out for you soon! :-)

brendainmad wrote on Jul 8
Who could refuse wallpaper at that price? Too bad the rain hasn't let you be outside in the garden more, but am glad you havn't had any flooding. I think you'll be busy wallpapering anyway.

mitchylr wrote on Jul 8
Yes, the rain has been a constant visitor here, too. The date on the wall looks like 26th Dec 1956. They were working on Boxing Day? Good overtime rates, I bet!!

Glad to hear the wildlife is settling into the garden.

Ah yes, I remember the days when slopping through a sea of mud to watch rock groups was actually a fun thing to do. Now, I prefer to watch them on DVD!!! LOL.

djdx wrote on Jul 8
Rain and more rain here also. Sun comes out for maybe an hour and then the clouds take back over. Rolling in the mud sounds like fun--I think I would want warm mud though.

nemo4sun wrote on Jul 7
it is fun watching our kids do the same things we did though

lol

cool about the frogs

:)

kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 7
how fun-I love the frogs--this year ours pretty much became part of the food chain though-don't see too many left any more around little ponds

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 7
thanks ladies.....................I've been kinda busy looking after the grandchildren and decorating but its been fun. Hope to get time to catch up soon :-))
OH.............and the grandson found a frog hopping around the garden...........yaaaaaay its taken me a while but I think the wildlife pond is actually functioning as a wildlife pond. Lets hope those frogs munch their way through all those pesky snails and slugs that eat my salad.

kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 7
love the design of the cake-how special, sounds like a nice week with family

greenwytch wrote on Jul 7
great blog and what a cool treasure you found under the wall paper! have a wonderful time with the family, Loretta. p.s....cool tu

No comments:

Post a Comment