| Update on the Oil Spill | for loretta's contacts |

I've found a blog devoted to reporting the latest on the gulf oil spill. It's written by someone who is actually there. This makes scary reading but its something we should all be aware of
http://bpoilslick.blogspot.com/2010/05/astronaut-says-bp-slick-scary-looking.html
and if you want to see a whole series of photographs showing the extent of the damage already done, look here
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//100520/ids_photos_ts/r305952032.jpg/#photoViewer=/100521/ids_photos_india_wl/ra3126112851.jpg
18 Comments
Add a Comment
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 21, '10
spiritjewelz said
Yesterday
the BP guy was off having a birthday party in the UK.... he doesn't
care what the well is destroying. If he cared, he'd be there-- walking
the shores with the governors and he'd be Capping the well and saying--
he's sorry to any media group that would listen. Not out having a
party.... that's the shame of it. ![]()
At the very least this is in extreme poor taste and very insensitive..............and possibly much more beside
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 21, '10
astranavigo08 said
I can sum it up easily (and I live on the opposite side of the country) in two words:We're screwed. ![]()
I agree.................and I live on the opposite side of the world
|
astranavigo08 wrote on May 21, '10
I can sum it up easily (and I live on the opposite side of the country) in two words:
We're screwed. |
spiritjewelz wrote on May 21, '10
I have been following this since it started. And had been following the photos on yahoo for sometime.
Honestly, I'm selling my car. It was a little honda-- and not much of a guzzler-- but I'm still going to try to go electric. Does electric have problems-- somewhat also. But it's what my heart tells me to do. I will keep an older small truck for times when I am hauling art supplies/ bigger items as a back up. I think when the oil hits the Florida Keys, the corals down there are done forever. If it continues up the coastline into some of the other coral beds... they also will go. And today, the oil is still coming out. That's the sad thing. There is NO one, not the government or anyone who can force BP to go ahead-- call this a bad/rogue well. Say CAP it and Make them do it. Who is the person who has control over that? Yesterday the BP guy was off having a birthday party in the UK.... he doesn't care what the well is destroying. If he cared, he'd be there-- walking the shores with the governors and he'd be Capping the well and saying-- he's sorry to any media group that would listen. Not out having a party.... that's the shame of it. Anyway, now that I've had my mini-snit.... LOL... I will check out your blog site. I may have read it before also. Thanks for blogging this. I have been facebooking it-- as opposed to blogging. There is a facebook page for it also (news related) |
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 21, '10
veryfrank said
The best that we can do is to change the political philosophies and corporate greed that allowed this to happen. ![]()
I
agree frank, but its not just political philosophy and corporate greed.
The hardest thing for people to take on board is that they need to
change their lifestyle. The government (s) seem to be forever looking
for a way to maintain every ones so called standard of living, they look
for alternative fuels and better ways of utilising the fuels we have.
They are terrified of the truth, which is we need to consume less,
conserve more, change our lifestyle and admit that our obsession with
material wealth is destroying the planet.
|
brendainmad wrote on May 21, '10
Thanks, Loretta. I'm going to flag this for later. Greed is always sickening, isn't it?
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 21, '10
every
time I see this I think of you, this must be terrible for you and your
goal of helping with the clean up is admirable BUT to be honest... do
you think this CAN be cleaned up?? I think the world has lost something
for ever
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 21, '10
I actually feel physically sick, I need to stop reading this stuff for a while and go outside for some fresh air
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/39329?tid=37 http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100520/tsc-oiled-louisiana-wetlands-may-have-to-e123fef.html http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/bm/newsworld.php?id=500102 |
aimlessjoys wrote on May 21, '10
Thanks,
Loretta! The "official" streaming vid crashed, & this is a
resource I needed, nauseating as it is.... I appreciate it!
|
parsonsblvd wrote on May 21, '10
Thanks for the link....sad times.
|
kathyinozarks wrote on May 21, '10
This is so depressing to view, I don't think I can look at the photos right now-thanks for sharing these links though
|
tesstruhartz wrote on May 21, '10
Strange I had a dream about how they could clean up some of the mess. strange what one dreams
|
Yesterday
the BP guy was off having a birthday party in the UK.... he doesn't
care what the well is destroying. If he cared, he'd be there-- walking
the shores with the governors and he'd be Capping the well and saying--
he's sorry to any media group that would listen. Not out having a
party.... that's the shame of it. 
No comments:
Post a Comment