| My Birthday and more..................... | for everyone |
I’ve been a bit busy these last few weeks, daughter was ill and in hospital, other daughter started her new job, I’ve been helping out with the child care, I’ve not been well (ugh… time for me to start getting realistic and go on the list for knee replacement) Guess I’ve avoided it for long enough.
And as if all that didn't keep me busy enough i've finally finished decorating my living room.
I’ve been watching the seasons change; the fields have gone from golden seas that ripple in the wind to rich dark soil ready for next years crop. I even spent a while watching the farm machinery do its thing. Fascinating how the landscape can change so radically over a few short weeks. The colours of the landscape are completely different to what they were just a week ago.
And now...........off to the meal will be back later with photos :-)
25 Comments
Add a Comment
|
forgetmenot525 said
lol.....is
that 'yes I would believe that in general'...............or is that
'yes I would believe that of you'??...........:-) ![]()
yes ~ i believe that of you
:) |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 2, '11
lol.....is
that 'yes I would believe that in general'...............or is that
'yes I would believe that of you'??...........:-)
|
forgetmenot525 said
thank
you..............would you believe I choose the living room wallpaper
deliberatly as a good background to show off my plants.. ? ![]()
yes
yes i would believe that :) |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 2, '11
artprevails said
Love the living room shelves!!! And the wallpaper is lovely! Such an inviting corner♥ ![]()
thank
you..............would you believe I choose the living room wallpaper
deliberatly as a good background to show off my plants.. ?
|
artprevails wrote on Oct 2, '11
Love the living room shelves!!! And the wallpaper is lovely! Such an inviting corner♥
|
acousticeagle wrote on Oct 2, '11
That
photo of the hay bales reminds me of times that I looked over paddocks
and seen the same. I've seen them being made too, a big machine
gathering the hay and rolling it, spitting out these round eggs of hay.
Sort of interesting to watch.
So, happy 60th! I turned 50 earlier this year so I thought of it as a bit of milestone b/day. I get what you mean about forgetting where things are, etc. There are times I remember how it was as a child, the voracity for learning, the springtime of a young mind! now it's a matter of exercising the brain to keep it firing on all pistons. Of course it doesn't help to have chronic fatigue as I do. But the thing is, with age comes wisdom and the benefit from experiences. I wouldn't trade that at all. |
hedgewitch9 wrote on Oct 1, '11
Dearets Loretta, sorry I missed your 'day', I have been in an dout of hospital too s obit vague at the moment!
Have a FABULOUS time at the restaurant and can't wait for the pics! Penblwydd Hapus as we say in Wales!! Big Love and Hugs xxx |
forgetmenot525 said
Sometimes,
when I do stupid things like lock my self out, or lose my keys, or
forget my own phone number, I get scared and think I'm not only aging
but dementing as well ![]()
Most
likely those events aren't any more frequent than memory lapses in the
past. They are just more noticeable now because of their association
with aging. It's the aches, creeps and pains that remind me.
I like what you did with the decorating. I hope that you had a great birthday celebration with your friends. |
brendainmad wrote on Oct 1, '11
I
passed that milestone almost two years ago. I just celebrate my
birthday, not the years. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your
birthday celebration. I love your new living room too and hope your
daughter is feeling much better.
|
bernardv said
Auch, I didn't know it had been your birthday, my apologies.Being sixty's great, you're going to love it. You can call people 'young whippersnapper' and wave your walking stick at teenagers playing football anywhere within a hundred metres of your house. You can snag people at bus stops and explain to them how things were different in 'your day'. Bus stops are the best place to get them, thay can't just walk away...........:) The best of luck and much fun to you tonight. ![]()
LOL I love it! I want to be 60!!! :o)
|
greenwytch wrote on Oct 1, '11
your
decor looks really beautiful, Loretta. i am so glad you are back
again......here's hoping daughter is well on the mend and the job for
the other is going swimmingly. bless your heart, being such a busy
woman is not always easy, but it is always worth it. be well, i am so
glad your birthday was a good one.
i'll be shopping for just a few things tomorrow, so i can create the lovely art for our *swap*. i'm so excited! HUGS |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 1, '11
they are past the 'harvest' stage now..............they are 'muck spreading' which is awful :-((
The farm season seems spread out, they did harvest some of the crops a while ago, and then they were stubble burning which is supposed to be banned but I can't see how they will ever stop a practise thats been followed for hundreds of years. Then there seemed to be more harvest, and then the ploughing.....what ever it is they are doing.............they seem very busy in the fields right now. And don't worry about the birthday, I wasn't around here much any way :-) |
lol.....is
that 'yes I would believe that in general'...............or is that
'yes I would believe that of you'??...........:-) 




No comments:
Post a Comment