| The morning light. | for everyone |
All of those things are reasons why I like this image, but most of all I love the complicated patterns of light. This was taken just after 11.00 on Sunday morning, it was cold, there was frost on the roofs facing into the back yards, the sun hadn't reached that part of the roof and it was still covered in frost. I noticed the light hitting the tree stumps and the fence at the end of them. I especially like the pattern on the brown fence at the back of the picture, the sun has painted a black silhouette of the surrounding roof shapes and chimney . I also like the sharp triangle and narrow strip of yellow light slashed right across the garden shed. The gable end of the house just beyond the shed is very very bright, that one wall is in full sunlight contrasting it to the other walls that are north facing and in the shade. You will notice some yellow light in some of the windows. This is reflected light, those windows face away from the light source but the sun is strong enough to bounce back and shine in the glass windows. Most of all I love the colour of the light...............golden yellow morning light. And for these reasons, I think this picture is beautiful, and if people only see a collection of dirty backyards...........tis their loss.
12 Comments
Add a Comment
|
brendainmad wrote on Jan 17
I
guess being from a big city (at least I've lived in one most of my
adult life) I don't see anything particularly untidy about this photo
except those tree stumps. I wonder why they've been left like that.
|
artprevails wrote on Jan 16
I
do see the details and appreciate the geometry there. I like the sun
just hitting some spots while shade darkens others. Shade is a friend
to the color green, the grass is happily green. Good eye!
|
hedgewitch9 wrote on Jan 16
I
agree. And I also say again, you're an inspiration! Your eye for detail
is amazing, and your depth of soul makes you a fabulous person, and
fabulous artist. Thanks for sharing Loretta :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment