| hate the bloody conservative government | for everyone |
I hate the bloody conservative government
I’ve just heard on the news that this government, partly in response to the riots earlier this year, has decided that if a person is in receipt of benefit and unemployed the courts will be able to take £25.00 per week from their benefits in court fines if they break the law. This will come into effect in 2013. Previously the courts were only able to take £5.00 per week from benefits. I’ve been online and made a rough calculation. A couple, both over 18 with two young children will receive approx £150 per week, £105 income support for them and £45 tax credit for the children. Take £25.00 from that and you are left with about £120 per week for a family of four. Our lovely Prime Minister has decided this, the same man who has reported personal wealth of £30 million.
My major concern is not with the ‘crime’ what ever that was, but the family, those two children will be living well below the poverty line, and the poor parents will probably be forced into further law breaking just to feed their children. Why should the jobless be treated more harshly than those in work?? Is this just another punishment for being jobless in a society that fails to provide jobs for every one? Why should a person without a job be left with less to feed his family than another man who has committed the same crime but happens to have a job??
42 Comments
Add a Comment
|
aaranaardvark wrote on Nov 1, '11
tismek said
Im all for devolution! I personally think its ludicrous that London dictates what the other countries do. ![]()
You can count on my support for the total break up of the UK and the abolition of the concept of Great Britain.
|
aaranaardvark wrote on Nov 1, '11
forgetmenot525 said
Although
I have to say one not so pleasant side effect of getting rid of all
Scottish MP's from Westminster would be an immediate increase Tory
support. ![]()
We
wouldn't notice the difference, Labour and Lib Dem MPs are Tories
too......having MPs from the Celtic fringe has never made things better
as Gordon Brown illustrates perfectly.
|
aaranaardvark wrote on Nov 1, '11
forgetmenot525 said
.persuade your Westminster government to grant Independence to Scotland and the 'west lothian' problem will go away. ![]()
The problem is it is NOT our Westminster government.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 31, '11
aaranaardvark said
This
is an absolute scandal, the so-called West Lothian Question means that
England is partly governed by MPs from Scotland who are not accountable
to their electors for the decisions they make about us. ![]()
We
have had this conversation before, like I said.........persuade your
Westminster government to grant Independence to Scotland and the 'west
lothian' problem will go away. If you as an Englishman want an English
Parliament, do as the Scots etc did and lobby for one, demand your own
parliament with as much determination as the Scots demanded theirs and
you will have it. If the English have no Parliament of their own, its
because of their own apathy and disinterest not because of any thing
these border celts did or didn't do. Although I have to say one not so
pleasant side effect of getting rid of all Scottish MP's from
Westminster would be an immediate increase Tory support.
|
aaranaardvark wrote on Oct 31, '11
forgetmenot525 said
,
one for the Westminster Parliament and one for the Scottish Parliament.
When voting for the Scottish Parliament we can vote SNP, Green or
Socialist as well as the other mainstream parties. ![]()
This
is an absolute scandal, the so-called West Lothian Question means that
England is partly governed by MPs from Scotland who are not accountable
to their electors for the decisions they make about us. These Scottish
MPs like their Welsh and Northern Irish counterparts are part of the
British government which along with the British monarchy are an
imperialist coalition of private interests antithetical to the best
interests of the English people, England has no government. We don't
need laws made by unaccountable Scots Irish or Welsh MPs and also vetted
by Prince Charles in his feudal fiefdom of the Duchy of Cornwall.
England's borders should be the River Tamar, we don't want or need the
Duchy of Cornwall and we don't want or need MPs from the Celtic fringe
making laws for us that do not apply to their own electorate. Quite
simply the citizens of West Lothian like every other region of Scotland
have no right to elect England's lawmakers. I strongly support the Scots
independence lobby, because when Scotland is separate perhaps the 85%
of the population of the British Isles may at last have their own
government and England might even have an English head of state which it
has not had since 1066.
This side of the borders with Scotland Wales and Cornwall the priority is to keep MPs from these regions out of OUR parliament, this is English devolution from the United Kingdom, an imaginary country that has never actually existed since it was first dreamt up in 1707. |
forgetmenot525 said
exactly.............all mainstream parties have lost touch with the ordinary man. ![]()
And woman! :o)
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 31, '11
exactly.............all mainstream parties have lost touch with the ordinary man.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 31, '11, edited on Oct 31, '11
tismek said
Vote
Green :o) Or better still, stand as a candidate so others can vote for
you! It costs nothing and at the end of the day, if your name is on
the ballot paper, that's all you need :o) No campaigning required!!All you need to do is get 10 signatures to support your application from your ward :o) ![]()
Things
are a little different here, we have two elections , one for the
Westminster Parliament and one for the Scottish Parliament. When voting
for the Scottish Parliament we can vote SNP, Green or Socialist as well
as the other mainstream parties. For the Scottish Parliament I do
sometimes vote Green or Socialist because we have proportional
representation and every vote counts, also I don't have to worry about
keeping the conservatives out of power, they are universally hated north
of the border. But the elections for Westminster are different. there
is no proportional representation and my priority is to keep the
conservatives out.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 31, '11
Thats
the problem we dont have a choice any more all political parties favour
the rich over the people. But no matter what, just like every one here i
would vote for any one over a conservative. They openly favour the rich
and look down on the poor
|
forgetmenot525 said
no
contest, the Conservatives only ever look out for the rich and
powerful. Its a sad choice anyway, I would prefer to see other options,
but all the while they are the only realistic choice.............no
choice, any thing is better than a conservative government. ![]()
But
THEY ARE ALL Conservative. Every single one of them. You can't get a
fag paper between 'em when it comes to corruption and nepotism.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 30, '11
you
are right, he wouldn't be my first choice for PM, but he couldn't be
any worse than Cameron. Brown is more of a well meaning buffoon, a fool,
and he would never have survived as Prime Minister anyway, someone else
would have taken over. Cameron is a sanctimonious, self righteous, self
serving, evil SOB totally devoid of compassion for his fellow man. The
labour Party has strayed from its roots and let its supporters down, but
if the only choice is between a Labour or Conservative government
............no contest, the Conservatives only ever look out for the
rich and powerful. Its a sad choice anyway, I would prefer to see other
options, but all the while they are the only realistic
choice.............no choice, any thing is better than a conservative
government.
|
forgetmenot525 said
Very
bad, I was surprised the lib dems decided to go into government with
him. They could have formed a majority government with labour. I have no
idea why Nick Clegg ( Lib Dem) chose Cameron, but I do wonder if he
regrets it ![]()
Oh come on Loretta - keeping Gordon Brown as PM??? No way could it have happened.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 30, '11
bernardv said
One
question though. Has this new ruling been passed by Parliament and
approved by the Lords or is it just a proposal at present? ![]()
Seems as if it is actually going to happen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15503503 |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 30, '11
and I can see why
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 30, '11
bernardv said
One
question though. Has this new ruling been passed by Parliament and
approved by the Lords or is it just a proposal at present? ![]()
not
sure, was writing as it was reported on TV late last night/ early
morning...........need to wait and see I guess. As I listened to him and
watched him, I could hear the contempt he has for 'those people' as he
put it. He really hates people on benefit, he thinks they should be
eternally grateful for the crumbs his government throw them, his views
are akin to the Victorian 'deserving poor' attitude, he very obviously
thinks that those on benefit somehow have less rights than the rest of
us, he doesn't see the benefit system as an essential part of a
responsible caring system, he begrudges every penny spent on 'those
people', to him benefit is not a right, it is a charitable act for which
the recipient must be humble, thankful, subservient, grateful and above
all... they must know their place. He is an abomination of a man
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 30, '11
mitchylr said
Back
then I was a union activist, I took part in the long hard struggle
against Maggie's campaign to destroy the rights of the working ma ![]()
thats
the weird thing, so was I, I worked for the NHS and I was part of the
union and fought against the cuts etc. BUT..........maybe time changes
the way you remember, I don't have the memory of hating her government
the way I hate this one. At the time I was aware of the right wing
policies she was trying to implement, but I don't think I realised how
rich and powerful the elite few were. Its the realisation of how deep
the corruption is of how rich and uncaring our government is and how
different they are to us. I get the impression Cameron & co think
about the little people with disdain, they don't care about the poor,
they think the poor are to be punished for being poor, its as if they
speak another language...........I hate them with a vengeance, they are
evil.
|
forgetmenot525 said
I
don't think I fully understood what was happening to our society when
maggie took over, I was younger and maybe didn't have the insight I have
today. ![]()
I
remember it all too well. Back then I was a union activist, I took part
in the long hard struggle against Maggie's campaign to destroy the
rights of the working man. Thatcher and Cameron are just two faces of
the same coin. Maggie took away the rights of the working man. Cameron
is now trying to do the same to the non-working man.
|
aaranaardvark wrote on Oct 30, '11
I
disagree, there is a long and honourable tradition of hating toffs in
this country which brought us the Peasants Revolt of 1381, the English
Civil Wars of 1642-1651, the Peterloo Massacre of 1815, the Chartist
Movement 1838 -1859, the Battle of Cable Street in 1936 and the Poll Tax
Riots of 1990.
All of this was driven by a well founded hate for the British ruling class and all of these events brought about political changes. The pre-20th century outbursts of class hatred delivered the reforms that came to known as the 'welfare state' that Cameron and his IMF employers are presently trying to destroy. They must be defeated and for that to happen we need a critical mass of hatred to develop that will spontaneously combust like it has in the past. We have dealt with the Camerons of this world many times before and we will deal with him in due course, in the meantime never let that hate go cold, it is the fuel of change which will only come out of destruction of the existing corrupt and criminal order. |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 29, '11
Its
on the news again, apparently 35% of people brought before the court
following the London riots were in receipt of benefit and this 'measure'
in the words of our PM will
'hopefully it will make people (on benefit) think twice before breaking the law in future'' This man is stopping just short of saying that those on benefit should be treated differently to those not on benefit, he is clever, he has not actually said those on benefit have less rights, but that is certainly what he means. |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 29, '11
yep.........
me too, I don't think I fully understood what was happening to our
society when maggie took over, I was younger and maybe didn't have the
insight I have today. But I don't remember hating any government the way
I hate this one.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 29, '11
veryfrank said
Please
don't post anything tonight about religious fanaticism and politics, my
heart couldn't take it. Actually, my comments would get me bounced from
Multiply. ![]()
Ok..............I
wont, I'm just about done for tonight anyway. The 'religious' thing
does usually affect you more than us. But I will just say something
about the St Pauls protest site. I'm keeping a very close eye on what
is happening at St Pauls, I don't think the protesters ever intended to
confront the church but I do see this protest causing a division with
in the church. Eventually the elite of the C of E who run St Pauls are
going to have to decide which side of the fence they sit. The C of E is
expert at sitting on the fence and not offending any one, but they want
the protesters off their doorstep, they have asked nicely and of course
the protesters are still there. The actual legality concerning ownership
of land occupied by the protesters is complex, some of it is common
ground. In the coming weeks we will see if St Pauls supports the
protesters against a corrupt system, or if they are part of the system
and aid and abet the eviction of the protesters. Already one senior
clergy has resigned rather than risk being part of the process that
forcibly evicts the protesters. Its an interesting situation, and one I
hope is making the elite of the church reconsider exactly what their
faith means in todays society.
|
esoterika713 wrote on Oct 29, '11
I see your point Loretta. And I agree with you. It is just one way for the people that have money to lord it over on the poor.
I dislike most Conservative governments. Including mine. Well, they say you can't complain if you don't vote. Lucky for me I get to complain. lol. |
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 29, '11
Very
bad, I was surprised the lib dems decided to go into government with
him. They could have formed a majority government with labour. I have no
idea why Nick Clegg ( Lib Dem) chose Cameron, but I do wonder if he
regrets it
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 29, '11, edited on Oct 29, '11
This
is bully boy tactics, it means that no matter how bad things get,
people will be too scared to protest. Anyone who protests will be
arrested for some made up minor offence, marched in front of the courts
and lose a large proportion of their meager benefits. A plan to keep the
poorest and most down trodden in society, exactly where they
are.........at the bottom of the heap
|
Im all for devolution! I personally think its ludicrous that London dictates what the other countries do. 
No comments:
Post a Comment