| Christmas done and dusted. Happy New Year | for everyone |
off to visit my Mother now.
One
downside of Christmas was that my pipes all froze again. But there were
so many positives I didn’t really mind about the pipes.
The
23rd was spent with a friend of mine who sadly lost her husband exactly
one year earlier. Last your we planned our Christmas meal out together
on the 23rd because her husband was dying and she was going to be
indoors on her own nursing him over Christmas, sadly he deteriorated at
the start of Christmas week and actually died on the 23rd. We have had
to wait a whole year for our Christmas meal but this year we had a great
time out together. The restaurant overlooks the sea and we had
wonderful views of the snow, the sea and the harbour while eating our
Christmas meal. We are a whole year on and my friend is doing fine.
Christmas
eve was spent with my grandchildren, they don’t worry about frozen
pipes, the dangers of falling on ice or the biting cold. They just love
to play in the snow.
They
were so funny, we walked through the park, they played in the snow, we
did a few bits of last minute Christmas shopping and then I took them to
a café where they had the most delicious hot chocolate I have ever
seen. It came in a huge cup, was piled high with whipped cream, had
loads of marshmallow thrown over the top and was finished off with a
thick chocolate flake bar balanced in the middle. I’m not sure how they
managed to eat/ drink it all but they did.
Yesterday,
Monday 27th came and went in a bit of a haze, my youngest daughters
ever so obliging partner fixed all my leaking taps before they left and
….’we woke up to the thaw’ !!
The ice in the pipes was gone and drainage worked perfectly. Maybe some
of you remember the pictures of her dog in my garden back in the summer
that I posted? I wrote at the time that her dog had died shortly after
that photo was taken and my daughter was heartbroken. This is her new
puppy. Her name is daisy and she will never replace Cody, (the dog who
died) but this little one, is perfect. She is a bearded collie and was
on best behaviour all day.
And
here we are on the 28th, I’m feeling a little fragile, have defiantly
over indulged and am now preparing for my journey tomorrow to visit my
mother. My mother is 80, she lives 600 miles away and I don’t get to see
her very often. She recently had a nasty fall and now needs a bed
downstairs and nurses in twice a day. We think this is a temporary
arrangement she should eventually recover well enough to manage without
the nurses and use her upstairs bed again. But I’m very glad I’ve been
able to organise tickets down to see her and very grateful that the snow
is almost gone and the trains should be running without cancellations
or delays. And so………………..wishing you all the best new Year, enjoy the celebrations and hopefully in the new year I will be posting a whole heap of snow pictures I’ve not had time to post yet.
Happy New Year every one.
12 Comments
Add a Comment
|
acousticeagle wrote on Dec 29, '10
I
bought myself special edition 3-disc dvd of Avatar and watched it over
xmas. I didn't see the movie in 3D at the cinema. Great movie and
storytelling. It would be great to see the sequel, which I think they
are planning to make. There's messages in that movie that are
none-too-subtle, but I won't criticise the film at all. My favourite bit
was when Jake enters the mind of his avatar and gets up and starts
running and he's as happy as.
Your Christmas went well except for the pipes. The puppy is a too cute. |
brendainmad wrote on Dec 28, '10
Ah, what a cute puppy! Hope your pipes don't freeze anymore, Loretta and enjoy your visit with your mother.
|
greenwytch wrote on Dec 28, '10
so glad the holiday went well. i LOVE the new pup and all the pics are really wonderful. happy new year, Loretta. HUGS
|
starfishred wrote on Dec 28, '10
thanks dear loretta for alowing me in to your days--glad all came out well-:)
|
tesstruhartz wrote on Dec 28, '10
sounds like a wonderful time ,very descripti
|

No comments:
Post a Comment