| Clair Short and the Iraq Inquiry | for everyone |
21 Comments
Add a Comment
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 3, '10
brendainmad said
but I don't understand why people are so against their own interests ie health care in the US. ![]()
It sort of is the same thing, its just more people distorting the truth to suit their own agendas
|
brendainmad wrote on Feb 3, '10
I
agree with you completely, Loretta. And I know this isn't the issue
here, but I don't understand why people are so against their own
interests ie health care in the US. I'm American and I hope saying this
doesn't make me unpatriotic in any way, but maybe I view things
differently. I'm not a politician but if I make a mistake or do
something wrong, I will admit it. Not everyone is like that and I don't
know many or any politicians who are.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 3, '10
brendainmad said
They're in Afghanistan where there is no war, at least according to the government here there isn't. ![]()
wondering
if the Afghans would see it that way.............yes I know Brenda,
feels like a total waste of time, except that maybe doing the right
thing is an end in itself. But I do agree, we live in times of
lies,deceit and conspiracies and there doesn't seem to be very much any
of us can do about it.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 3, '10
I
think this whole thing is sad, there was public opposition to the war
before it even started. The government were told that the war was
illegal and the weapons inspectors repeatedly said they could find
nothing, they practically begged to be allowed to finish their
systematic search of the country.It felt as if Tony Blair & co were
determined to pursue this war no matter what, they didn't want to listen
to any one and they certainly didn't want any one to disagree with
them. They failed to follow international law and their sole aim
appeared to be to follow the US President regardless of all domestic and
international opposition. Bennett said ''The motto of the US is often
"My country right or wrong". There is a deep vein of nationalism that
runs through us and woe betide the politician who exposes a lie of this
sort.'', The way I see it is we in the UK are actually more patriotic
because we are willing to expose (in this case) lies and wrong doings,
to cover up a government when they do wrong is actually unpatriotic
because it allows the country to stand for deceit and wrong doing.
|
brendainmad wrote on Feb 3, '10, edited on Feb 3, '10
They're
exposed all the time in Spain.Just ask the German Prime Minister (about
something Zapatero said but said he didn't say) but they just don't
care. Some wise person, I forget who, said 3 things happen in Spain when
the Socialists get into power: taxes go up, unemployment goes up and
bankers get richer and all 3 have happened. Spain isn't involved in
Iraq. They're in Afghanistan where there is no war, at least according
to the government here there isn't.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 3, '10, edited on Feb 3, '10
maybe
nor but this is better than the alternative, which is to do nothing and
allow the countries top politicians to lie and deceive and never be
exposed.
|
brendainmad wrote on Feb 3, '10
I'm
very doubtful that politicians will learn anything from this, not after
all the similar things which happen in Spanish politics.
|
forgetmenot525 said
NO.............obviously
we can never go back and the past can't be changed. BUT; maybe with the
help of a few brave politicians like Clair Short future politicians
will think twice before blindly following other deluded world leaders
and embarking on illegal wars and condoning or actually participating in
torture and false imprisonment. Possibly, just possibly, but don't hold
your breath, this type of enquiry will send the message to all
politicians that no one is above the law and every one can and will be
held accountable for their actions. ![]()
well said lorretta...i watched it yesterday
|
stillwandering wrote on Feb 3, '10
I
think it's really very interesting the so much fraud, malpractice, and
hidden agendas are coming to light these days, and I don't think we're
done uncovering it yet by a long chalk
|
bennett1 said
No,
not even Obama would risk it. The motto of our the US is often "My
country right or wrong". There is a deep vein of nationalism that runs
through us and woe betide the politician who exposes a lie of this sort. ![]()
An
investigation at this time would be a stalemate between the President
and the Republicans and a number of Democrats in Congress who fell in
line, including to name one, Hillary Clinton. At a time when the whole
agenda of the Democrats is on the line this would be an unnecessary
diversion. There are still many people who believe that Saddam was
involved in 9/11.
|
forgetmenot525 said
Possibly,
just possibly, but don't hold your breath, this type of enquiry will
send the message to all politicians that no one is above the law and
every one can and will be held accountable for their actions. ![]()
It's something worth hoping for, but like you said.....I'm not holding my breath it will happen any time soon.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 2, '10
To be honest Frank I expected America to expose the truth sooner then the UK
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 2, '10
initiativestain said
How much still to this day England and Canada are so much alike as I watch this. ![]()
Unfortunatly not similar enough.............Canada had the courage to say NO to the illegal war
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 2, '10
mitchylr said
What really is the point? Will it change anything? Will it give us the ability to go back in time and change things? ![]()
NO.............obviously
we can never go back and the past can't be changed. BUT; maybe with the
help of a few brave politicians like Clair Short future politicians
will think twice before blindly following other deluded world leaders
and embarking on illegal wars and condoning or actually participating in
torture and false imprisonment. Possibly, just possibly, but don't hold
your breath, this type of enquiry will send the message to all
politicians that no one is above the law and every one can and will be
held accountable for their actions.
|
initiativestain wrote on Feb 2, '10
Your
right but I don't think we shall see the day within our lifetime...how
is it that Bush can go on a motivational campaign and meanwhile there is
admissions from the United Kingdom. Perhaps it's the difference in
political culture.
|
initiativestain wrote on Feb 2, '10
It's ironic how she came forth as well as Tony did at his own option. But the truth alway prevails...
Very interesting as here Canada never joined in on Iraq yet we did in a silent way by way of the Air Force. Yet the Prime Minister here at the time Loretta decided not to go to Iraq. How much still to this day England and Canada are so much alike as I watch this. Jack |

but I don't understand why people are so against their own interests ie health care in the US. 
No comments:
Post a Comment