Monday, 20 August 2012

Oct 31, 2010, Multiply, My dream destination

Oct 31, '10 5:41 PM
for everyone
This is a cheap and not particularly good print on canvas of a photograph. I bought it in the supermarket with my groceries and it only cost £2.00 ( less than $5). I've noticed it sitting in a wire basket with a whole load of other cheap prints for the last couple of weeks. Every time I saw it I thought. ''yeah I want to be there''. This week it still sat in the basket but this time it was all on its own, so I bought it. I guess it's a bit of a dream for me, I'm pretty sure its one of the Greek Islands but I don't know which one, where ever it is...............it's where I want to be.
It looks a bit like Lindos, but its not, I've been to Lindos. Where is it?? I know someone will know, and then I can put a name to my dream destination.
16 Comments
Add a Comment
   

welshdoug wrote on Nov 1, '10
You should read my blog "the stuff of legend" which I posted about a month ago.......I think you'll find it informative.
Santorini is a beautiful place - the donkeys...not so much.lol

veroniquemariquita wrote on Nov 1, '10
Alas that is the closest I will ever get to Greece! lol

veroniquemariquita wrote on Nov 1, '10
It looks like some of the settings in a program I watch on HGTV... "Househunters International".

veryfrank wrote on Nov 1, '10
Nice find. Pictures of the Greek Islands add brightness to a room, even in the dark days of winter.

Here is an old snap of Santorini, which gets my vote.


agnes128 wrote on Nov 1, '10
Santorini, almost for sure! I love those blues, all shades of them.
Comment deleted at the request of the author.

acousticeagle wrote on Nov 1, '10
the Greek isles: all blue and white. A painter's paradise.
Comment deleted at the request of the author.

sanssouciblogs wrote on Oct 31, '10
Santorini is where many advertisements are photographed. I've never been (I am a big Italophile) but the white and blue are just too gorgeous. Make room for me.

forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 31, '10
Thanks Mitch and thanks sugarkat69 too.............I knew it was a greek island and i'm very fond of Greece, but i didn't know which island it was..............so thanks to both of you. i knew someone here would know where it was. :-)

mitchylr wrote on Oct 31, '10
It's definately the Greek island of Santorini. I've been there, it's truly beautiful.

I used a set of images of the place (not my photos, I should add, but images found on the net)) to illustrate a vid for a fave piece of music:

greenwytch wrote on Oct 31, '10
OMG! i have been thinking that my next european holiday will be to Greece! ; D

brendainmad wrote on Oct 31, '10
The print was waiting for you!

nemo4sun wrote on Oct 31, '10
i love the blue waters

:)

sugarkat69 wrote on Oct 31, '10, edited on Oct 31, '10
I think this is Santorini one of the Greek islands.It is truly a beautiful place and one of my dream places as we

No comments:

Post a Comment