Monday, 20 August 2012

July 11, 2010, Multiply, another vid about the oil spill



Jul 11, '10 6:59 PM
for loretta's contacts
This is a video about an oil spill in Brazil 10 years ago. When you watch this remember the incident happened ten years ago and the total amount of oil spilled was equivalent to approximately 25% of the oil leaked EVERY  DAY in the Gulf of Mexico.
AND…..the oil continues to flow in the Gulf of Mexico with no real likelihood of a solution any time soon. I'm not usually a pessimistic person, but about this.........I'm very pessimistic.

 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZNKcQ4ba8&feature=player_embedded

3 Comments
Add a Comment
   
brendainmad wrote on Jul 13, '10
You're not the only pessimist!
beyaself wrote on Jul 12, '10
i saw pictures today of so many dead animals from this spill.........and what does our great peeResident do....he sens a Blimp over it, to tell them where they missed a spot............this has me so disgusted
bennett1 wrote on Jul 11, '10
I think I won't watch as it hits too close to home. But I appreciate your putting it up; it is valuable. The amount of oil is only part of the problem. They have also put millions of gallons of "dispersant" into the Gulf. This dispersant breaks the oil down, but the dispersant itself has some toxicity. How much is under debate. It's all very scary. For my money this is worse than Chernobyl. It will have impact for generations even if the flow of oil stops tomorrow.






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZNKcQ4ba8&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment