Sad but true.............still no computer at home! So here I sit in the public library downloading all my holiday pics into flickr and attempting to catch up with a few people. The situation is, the laptop is not salvagable and the desk-top looks like it has suffered the same fate. I have managed to find a reconditioned desktop on eBay fairly cheap. Think I can still use the monitor, keyboard and mouse that I have so hopefully the eBay find will solve my problems, all I am wauting for now is a delivery date. Lets hope it's soon.
The holiday was just what I needed, some time out with family, lots of food, lots of wine and lots of chat. My sisters and their respective families are a hospitibal lot and it has been a while so there was a lot of catching up to do.
We
had a pretty amazing day out with my grandaughter to a place called
West Lodge Farm Park where she fed lambs, stroked pigs and generally had
a great time. I'm hoping if I bring photos over here from flickr you
can see them.......oh this not having a computer at home is very
inconvenient, can't wait for the new one to arrive so every thing can go
back to normal.
This was the highlight of the holiday for my granddaughter..............she loved it, check it out;
http://www.westlodgeruralcentre.co.uk
veroniquemariquita wrote on Apr 17, '09
Very nice pictures. Looks like you are really enjoying your time away from the computer.
|
acousticeagle wrote on Apr 17, '09
Computer
problems are awful, too frustrating. I've had to use the library's a
lot in the past before I got my dinoputer #2 - an oldie but goodie. You
sound refreshed after your holiday. Liked your pictures.
|
brendainmad wrote on Apr 17, '09
Glad
you enjoyed your holiday. Too bad about your computers. May I suggest
you destroy the hard drives if they're not serviceable as there is lots
of personal information stored on them? I read that a couple in
Cincinnati left their old HD in a shop, which I won't name, that
promised to destroy it for them but sold it on EBay instead. Luckily the
person who bought it was honest and contacted them. I don't like using
public computers either and would certainly erase my history of the
pages I visited if I did.
|
fredflintstone wrote on Apr 17, '09
I
have done the "library" thing before too! I always figure it is better
than having no computer at all! Plus I get to use their ink for really
cheap!! LOL Still was nice to hear from you where ever you are!!!
|
hedgewitch9 wrote on Apr 17, '09
Hello you!
Feeding the lambs is a favourite of my girls too!! They often go to a place called Cantref farm.. they have pig races there too!! Glad you had a fantastic time away - much luck with the computers Em x |
starfishred wrote on Apr 17, '09
WELCOME BACK LORETTA WE MISSED YOU MY FRIEND
GLAD ALL WENT WELL NOW I WILL GO LOOK AT YOUR PICS |
greenwytch wrote on Apr 17, '09
welcome back! wonderful photos, and so sorry to hear about your computers.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment