Well
I did say I’d keep you informed so here is a short update on the ‘New
Kitchen’. The dream is getting closer, slowly one step at a time my new
kitchen is beginning to happen. The Dishwasher and Washing Machine have
already been delivered. 

I
messed up a bit on the timing because now I need to store them until
the sink and work surfaces are delivered and fitted. No small task in a
two bedroom apartment. They both sit in my hallway still in their boxes
and plastic, ohhhh it’s so tempting to rip off all the packaging and
look at them, but so far I’ve resisted, don’t want my shiny new things
scratched before they are even plumbed in. 

The
units and work surfaces are due to be delivered early March and the
joiner has already been to arrange a start date. Some time next week
I’ll be off buying wall tiles, wall paper and paint. 

The
sink unit is very high gloss white so I’m painting the other units to
match, the work surfaces will be black. I didn’t exactly plan on having a
black and white kitchen but that’s the way it seems to be evolving. 
I’ve
been looking at black and white wallpaper but haven’t decided on any
thing yet…………..there’s just so much to choose from. I’ve not been here
very much this week because I have been working away stripping layers of
wallpaper. I go to my work, come home, eat tea and then start work all
over again in the kitchen. It’s hard work and I still have so far to go
but I just keep thinking how nice it’s going to be once every thing is
finished. And what do you think of these wallpapers?? I’m quite taken
with the buildings but no decisions have been made 
Add a Comment
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 31, '09
Thanks very much every one, progress is a bit slow but steady...............
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 31, '09
ruraldiva said
. The black and white theme is very appealing for a kitchen...but then ofcourse you will need snappy red applianaces. ![]()
yep,
we seem to be thinking along similar lines. I have a big, old red chair
that I am very fond of, I bought it from the second hand market last
summer and I thought it would look very nice in my new black and white
kitchen. I also have a bright red plant holder that I could place in the
middle of the table. Thanks RD
|
acousticeagle wrote on Jan 31, '09
My
mum was having her kitchen renovated last week and went through some
hassles while all the carpentry was going on. Mum and Dad had to buy a
lot of take-away for that week. Whatever you do with your kitchen it's
going to look very snappy and contempo. Having a black and white kitchen
can mean you can accessorise with some bright appliances, like
ruraldiva mentioned, above. Maybe you can put one of your brightly
painted images on one wall, something large and eye-catching.
|
brendainmad wrote on Jan 31, '09
You're
very artistic so I'm sure you can visualize your kitchen with either of
these two wallpapers. You could even make a drawing. I would choose
something to make my kitchen look bigger. Can't wait to see the results.
|
starfishred wrote on Jan 30, '09
although
I like the building I think the other would do better over the long
run-and the buildings could make your kitchen seem smaller opticaly
|
kathyinozarks wrote on Jan 30, '09
mm I like both of them, I think your kitchen sounds really sharp and chic looking-pace yourself-and don't over do-hugs
|

. The black and white theme is very appealing for a kitchen...but then ofcourse you will need snappy red applianaces. 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete