Christmas
is well and truly over, the Christmas decorations are down and
boxed,tomorrow its back to work. It's all a little sad really. 
So far any New Year resolutions tentatively made have remained unattained..............no drawing and painting every day as I intended, no diet and exercise regime.

I
haven't even managed to read and comment on more of your
blogs...........I tried but just didn't seem to manage it. I haven't
posted anything for ages......
BUT...............THIS IS IT................normality returns, decorations down this evening,
BUT...............THIS IS IT................normality returns, decorations down this evening,

back
to work tomorrow, holidays over and the New Year begins in
earnest..........and all my resolutions are about to blossom, honest
they are, just watch this space. !!
aimlessjoys wrote on Jan 5, '09
I
have moved the decorations to my son's unused closet, making room for a
new fake tree we just bought, too, after I look at it for awhile &
maybe get used to it. We put out the fresh tree way too early for my
liking. I've just bought wrapping paper & a few replacement baubles
for the tree that were on drastic sale. The new lights, though, were
nowhere to be found. I suppose they're hoarding up the LED type lights
for next year. They have an especially lovely blue shade in them I
really like. Maybe that will make the fake tree seem more acceptable.
We'll see! Well, back to work for me too!
|
hedgewitch9 wrote on Jan 5, '09
I
decided to make an easy new year resolution.. go to more parties LOL -
and other things like exercise etc are to be done, but not resolutions,
as I find they tend to not get done - ;))
|
brendainmad wrote on Jan 5, '09
I
think taking the decorations down is sad too because it means the end
of our holidays. January and February are my least favourite months of
the year. Tomorrow is a holiday for us and then back to the grind for
me.
|
starfishred wrote on Jan 4, '09
here
the holidays arn't over till tommorow Epiphamy holiday here in the
Catholic part of germany then all the lights come down but then Carnival
starts in ernest and they decorate for that so we get more lights till
the last week in February.
|
acousticeagle wrote on Jan 4, '09
Yeah,
that's the way it seems to happen everywhere; once Christmas is over
all the decorations are gone. I notice this in shopping centres. In fact
on Boxing day I went to the local dept.store and they were busy as bees
taking down all the decorations. It seems there's a whole month
build-up, Christmas comes and goes off like a bon bon (Christmas
cracker) and it can be sort of anti-climactic after that. Ah well, eat
drink and be merry..for the new year comes and then.....?
|
dianahopeless wrote on Jan 4, '09
Awww,
putting away the decorations are sad. I am glad I don't have to do that
this year. (I didn't put any up.) My daughters are still up, as the
grandkids just returned this weekend. We are having our Christmas meal
and gift exchange on Monday. and my neighbors still have their outside
lights up. lol Hope they aren't the type that leave them up all year!
roflmbo. We will ALL be watching this space, to see those resolutions put into place. JK Back to work does sound like life has returned to normality. Don't work too hard Loretta. Hope you have a good week! ((HUGS)) |
kvnwheeler wrote on Jan 4, '09
Normality ? whats that.
New years resolutions are just designed to be broken, thats why I dont make any. |

No comments:
Post a Comment