I
have just had the weirdest experience.........I was happily googling
this and that, looking for some Art or inspiration for a Sunday post
when I came across an absolutely lovely Art Sunday page on 360 that I
had never seen before. Now I do have an old 360 page myself but haven't
been there for ages, it stopped working a while ago which is why I came
here and then once I learnt how to do stuff I bought all my old blogs
over and more or less forgot about the 360site. It is still there,
rather like an abandoned old building. I became quite engrossed in this
previously unseen Art Sunday blog and stopped to have a good read and
look around. Then I began reading the other Art Blogs on the page, they
were wonderful, and then I started checking out this persons friends and
reading some of their stuff. That's where it started getting weird. I
know most of her friends, seems most of my friends here were friends on
360 but for some reason I didn't meet any of them until I came here,
despite having my own 360 page. I don't know why but finding all my
friends chatting away to each other and posting things for each other
somewhere I don't usually go, made me feel very odd. a bit like being in
a room full of people you know but being invisible. The whole thing
made me realise how sad the eventual demise of 360 is. I loved being on
360, even if I didn't meet up with every one while I was there, and
even if I didn't start doing the poetry and art blogs until I came here,
it was my early introduction to blog land and I loved it. And now that
I've seen all the wonderful Art blogs over there, it's even more sad to
think of it closing for ever. What a very, very odd and somehow unsettling experience

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jun 3, '09
thanks
folks..............yep it is sad, and to me it seems a strange
coincidence that the eventual death of 360 coincides with the 'rebirth'
of Multiply. While 360 draws its last breath, multiply is busy
metamorphosing into something bigger better and altogether more
interesting............Hmmmmm food for thought !!
|
acousticeagle wrote on Jun 3, '09
I
miss the good feelings I had at 360 too. I began there and it opened up
the whole blog and social networking thing. Had a lot of fun, made some
friends there too. Some I miss that didn't come here.
|
dianahopeless wrote on Jun 2, '09
360
was my first blog experience too. It is just so sad how it all went
downhill. I hope we never have problems like that here. I love it here
for the most part. I still miss a couple of friends from 360 though.
|
veroniquemariquita wrote on Jun 2, '09
I
like a few things about the Yahoo profile. I did update mine just
because I have had it so long and I imported all my blogs. They arrived
intact but with one important thing missing. The comments were there but
the identity of the person who made them was blank. I hope Yahoo lets
us do more customizing of the page soon. They look so blahhh.
Nothing will ever pull me away from Multiply though. I really like it!! |
vickiecollins wrote on Jun 2, '09
I understand, but I still havent seen my 360 for so long that I dont remember what was there..LOL
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jun 2, '09
kathyinozarks said
didn't
want to wait to see what they were going to do after a time, as it was
evident they did not care about us. It will never be the same on the new
one of theirs-which I don't plan to use, am very happy with multiply
and its format ![]()
Kathy
I have seen you and so many others all over the place on the old 360 ,
seems so odd we didn't know each othetr there. You are right though, its
good here and i have no intention of moving.
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jun 2, '09
hers
was one of the sites I've just found for the first time. What a sad /
weird feeling that was. I saw her picture, didn't see the name of her
site but for some reason instinctively knew it was hers just by the
little picture. I couldn't see any of her blogs which was a bit sad cos i
quite wanted too, she's either moved them or they are restricted to
friends and I didn't know her then. Like I said..............the
weirdest thing is seeing all those people over there who are my friends
here and yet I have never seen their 360 sites before. I felt like an
outsider looking in on people I have grown to know quite well.
And YES I miss her too, think many people miss her. |
aimlessjoys wrote on Jun 2, '09
I
also loved all my buddies on 360, the freewheelingness of it all.
Yahoo Profiles is somewhat like it. I never have bonded up with new
folks very much on Multiply, except for a few 360 friends who came here.
But then so many went all over the place, & I have a lot of ghosts
in my Friends pane on 360. I really miss Lina, in particular, one of the
main reasons I gave Multiply a shot. Facebook is a joke for my
purposes, & Blogger & Wordpress, well, too insulated. The kick
of my early experiences on 360 will never return, I expect, but I've
started a couple of new blogs on Y Profiles. Your experience of entering
the past made for a very interesting thought process, Loretta. Thanks!
|
I
was a 360 blog virgin too... and I loved it! there are still people
who never had a problem with 360 and continued on... I would visit them
once in awhile.... now they all have to find a new home too..... I
don't like what yahoo is offereing and am happy to stay at Multiply.....
|
brendainmad wrote on Jun 2, '09
360
was my first experience in blogland too. I'm not upset about it closing
as luckily most of my friends found their way to Multiply. I still miss
some of those who have chosen other sites like facebook and myspace as I
don't have an account on either of those. At least here quite a few
members of my family have accounts. I hope Kathy is talking about liking
the new Multiply. Lots don't. Has your page been updated yet?
|
kathyinozarks wrote on Jun 2, '09
I totally understand how you feel. I learned all about blogging on 360 too, and was so dissappointed when it quit working.
I didn't want to wait to see what they were going to do after a time, as it was evident they did not care about us. It will never be the same on the new one of theirs-which I don't plan to use, am very happy with multiply and its format, and its tech help as well |
ditto for me! 
No comments:
Post a Comment