

Today I finished setting up a 'myspace' front page, why?? Well I was invited so thought I may as well, and why not?? Also because so many people seem to have so called 'technical problems' with 360 I just thought I'd see what another site was like. My verdict??...........360 (when it works) is just soooooooooo much easier, and in comparison totally user friendly. AND... admittedly once you know how to use it, (which judging by my experience could be sometime in another life!), you can do an awful lot with myspace. BUT....well you can do almost as much on 360 with a lot less hassle.
My Internet connection is not particularly powerful which means myspace takes an age to download and in the process blocks everything else. I have had to reboot numerous times because my poor fragile little laptop just could not cope with the unreasonable demands of myspace.
The one GOOD thing about myspace is it's just 'photo paradise'. Photos load by the bucket full quickly, efficiently, easily and FOR FREE!! Dealing with photo's is so much easier on myspace.
So... what I am going to do; or at least try to do bearing in mind my technical expertise is somewhat limited, is blog here, and store copious amounts of photographs over there, with a link here to there and there to here. It's going to take me a while to get all my photographs over there but it's going to be a dam site quicker and easier than trying to store them here (I think).
So now I have myspace at
http://www.myspace/forget_me_not5275
AND...I have this 360 blog at
http://360.yahoo.com forget-me-not5275
AND
I also have an e-Bay buyer/seller account forget-me-not5275
And slowly, ever so slowly, the fully integrated co-ordinated, Internet self is coming together. For someone who was a radical technophobe just a few short years ago I consider this to be quite an achievement..........well deserved congratulatory pat on the back please.
Just to re-cap back to last week, for anyone who happens to be wondering, I did recover from my awful 'day from hell'. In fact I spent a beautiful weekend in my grandaughters company. We went to a place called 'House of Dun'. Awesome, breath taking, William Adam house commissioned around 1730 and standing about half a mile north of the Montrose basin nature reserve. Now if I hadn't found myself immersed in the technicalities of myspace there would be a full and probably lengthy blog about my wonderful weekend. Including meeting the last genuine 'Master Handweaver' to be working in the UK, how sad is that considering the history of the textile industry in this area. Anyway, as I said that blog has been delayed, not deleted, due to the unexpected intervention of 'myspace'. Just watch this space for more info on my wonderful weekend, House of Dun and the Master Weaver.
No comments:
Post a Comment