Monday, 20 August 2012

May24, 2009, Multiply, My sisters house



This was intended as a answer to Agnes re a question about my sister..........then I thought I may as well post it to friends only rather than to just Aggie

My sister has had a rural house in france for .........maybe 20 years o so. It has been used as a holiday home and over the years she and her husband have bought up adjoining properties until they now own the entire building. It is very run down and they have spent years renovating it with the intention of moving in permanently once they both retire. They both now have health problems and will not work again which means they are wanting to make this little house their permanent home as soon as possible.

 There seems to be legal and financial reasons why they can't do that until the family home in England is sold and ...........recession and all that...........this is taking longer than they hoped. Anyway, the house is in a tiny village outside Menigoute, I believe the nearest airport is Poitier. This is the house, these were taken a few years ago and I think they have done some work on the house since then.
   

sandycaar wrote on Jun 2, '09
sorry to hear they both have health problems now,,hopefully the legal and financial reasons will soon be resolved and they can retire there for many many happy and hopefully healthier years,,ty for sharing

msowens1 wrote on May 24, '09
what a lovely setting and home..... I hope they get all the legal stuff done soon and get to enjoy many happy years there!

acousticeagle wrote on May 24, '09
This sounds like the realisation of a dream. Lovely spot to retire.

djdx wrote on May 24, '09
It looks lovely. I hope all will soon fall into place.

dianahopeless wrote on May 24, '09
It is so picturesque. Looks like a great place to grow plants too.

starfishred wrote on May 24, '09
lovely just lovely

bennett1 wrote on May 24, '09
I could take care of the house until your sister can move in - happily.

veryfrank wrote on May 24, '09
When you go again, do let me know if you get to see La Rochelle.

forgetmenot525 wrote on May 24, '09
It is lovely there. I have only been there once but once she is settled, and even more so once I can retire in a few years, I do hope to go out there regularly.

greenwytch wrote on May 24, '09
oh, i love it, what an amazing place!

brendainmad wrote on May 24, '09
Yes, it is a lovely house!

agnes128 wrote on May 24, '09
It looks charming as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment