Sunday, 19 August 2012

Nov 8, 2008, Multiply, Ten things about me, tagged



TAGGED;
10 THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO KNOW, ALL OF THEM ABOUT ME

1.   I hate these things, have never bothered replying to one before and don’t intend replying  to one again, so make the most of this, it’s yr one and only. This time I’ve been tagged by three separate people so I thought..........Ohhhhh……sigh………OK then just this once. BUT…………..please don’t send me any more. Anyway once you have read this there will be no need, you will know every thing about me.

2.   I am the eldest of three sisters; I have three daughters and 4 grandchildren. Two boys and two girls.
3.   I was married to an alcoholic for more than 25 years and am now happily single.
4.   I am dyslexic, from a long line of proud and illiterate dyslexics; my father was such a clever man but was beaten regularly at school for being stupid and remained illiterate until he died. One of my sisters is dyslexic and so are  three of my nephews One nephew was educated at a boarding school that specialised in children with learning difficulties. He now works in the city doing something with computers that I have no chance of understanding and earning money I could only dream of. He still struggles to read a basic newspaper like ‘The Sun’. My three daughters are to some extent dyslexic, one received special help while at school another while at college. The little ones are all still quite young but so far they all seem OK. I was educated at a time when this was not recognised and was put into a class of children with special needs. I don’t know how I overcame it, I do every thing on a computer and spell check is my life line, some days are worse than others. If something takes you half hour if will possibly take me two hours because I hate making mistakes. These days I have so much study and work behind me I have largely come to terms with it and have virtually overcome it, but some days are worse than others.
5.   When I left school I went to Art College and loved it. I did my three years, left and never painted again until very recently. Life somehow got in the way. Now I take classes in the evenings and have learned to love it again.
6.   I am vegetarian. I’ve not eaten meat or meat products since about 1975 except for a short period when I was pregnant with my middle child and very anemic. I never liked the taste or texture of meat but now there are far too many other reasons to go into here. Maybe I’ll blog about it one day.
7.   I trained as a psychiatric nurse and practiced on and off for over 20 years. I am not registered to practice any more, think you burn out in that sort of work.
8.   I went to University as an adult; I did it for me because I needed it and not because it would get me a better job or because it would somehow improve my standard of living. I went too University for what I consider to be the only valid reason. To get an education, an end in itself. I started a couple of weeks before my 50th birthday and studied History, Philosophy and some Politics and a very little Economics. It was the very best  decision I have ever made.
9.   I now have a little part time job as a school assistant and I'm counting the days before I can retire. Not because I don’t like my job, just because I want to retire, I deserve it


10. I am now tagging YOU…………………..
If you read this consider yourself well and truly tagged. And now I am going to return to recluse mode, this will be deleted one week from today. So.... read it now  or  lose the chance for ever.
   

tumbelweed wrote on Nov 4, '08
1. I hate tags too and never do them! LOL!

2. I am the youngest of two girls and boy.

3. Aww, I am so sorry you had to go through that, but I am sure you have come out of it a stronger person!

4. I am dyslexic too!

5. I would love to see some of your work!

6. I am not a vegetarian.

7. I have worked in the same mental health trust for going on 7 years. The first 5 I worked as the complaints manager and now I work as a project manager!

8. I have a law degree, IT degree and business degree.

9. You are not old enough to retire! I just started my photography business!

10. No your are not tagging me!

elizelizeliz wrote on Nov 2, '08, edited on Nov 2, '08
U r vari clevar ladi. |I admir u 4 haow u can doin so mani tings & doin alls wells I am tinkin. I goin doin tis tagg latre.

forgetmenot525 wrote on Nov 2, '08, edited on Nov 2, '08
edtrain5 said
many thanks for sharing these many items with us. You write quite well and considering your disability,
Thank you but I don't have a disability, my brain just works a little differently to most peoples but that doesn't 'disable' me in anyway. My ability's are all intact thanks...:)

edtrain5 wrote on Nov 2, '08
Hello Loretta... many thanks for sharing these many items with us. You write quite well and considering your disability, I'm most impressed. You've worked hard and it shows. I do appreciate your sharing so much since I sense that you're a private person. It's great that so many have shared here about themselves. These entries have given a very human touch to the net and to this blog. Thank you.


aimlessjoys wrote on Nov 2, '08, edited on Nov 2, '08
Good to learn more about you, Loretta! I admire your style! ; - D

slohomeles wrote on Nov 1, '08
Hi Loretta,
I can identify with you on both #1 and #4...
I was tagged, but was hoping to avoid it and I, too, am dyslexic...

Great list though...

luluone wrote on Nov 1, '08
Nice to know you more Lorreta
1. Hmm I think many friends think of you; that's why they tag you:-)
5. I love to paint, yet I haven't done it for quite a long time- this is nice to know that you begin to love it again, I am looking forward to seeing your paintings.
Have a great Sunday( Sunday here already) See you Loretta

acousticeagle wrote on Nov 1, '08
This is a great 'get to know you' blog. Everyone on the internet should spell check, so thanks for putting the word out about that! For someone who is dyslexic you're a prolific blog writer. Does constant writing help you to overcome dyslexia or keep you focused? I'm not sure how to pose the question but I'm interested. Nice to see you too.

bennett1 wrote on Nov 1, '08
How exceptionally interesting. I am not dyslexic but I have a major problem with left and right (except in politics). If someone says your right hand on "on your left" I can sometimes figure out what they want but it is difficult. I have absolutely no idea why these concepts are so popular. They are the bane of my existence. BTW that is one of many reasons we have a Mac computer as there is no "right click" or "left click", yay!! I also love the picture of you and your hairdo.

dianahopeless wrote on Nov 1, '08
I dislike being tagged too. More often than not I will just ignore them. lol The same goes for forwards in my email. I use the excuse I am old and do as I darn well feel like.
That said, I am glad you did this one. I feel like I know you a little better now. ((HUGS))

lauritasita wrote on Nov 1, '08
Hi, Loretta, nice to meet you.

agnes128 wrote on Nov 1, '08
Rats, I'm tagged?!?

ruraldiva wrote on Nov 1, '08
Hello, so wonderful to meet you. This was quite revealing and so informative. I often wondered what type of careeer you had. Going back to school is marvelous....I've done it myself. I could teach...but found I'm not that fond of them after all. So I train dogs....much more satisfying. So happy to be a friend. RD

sweetpotatoqueen wrote on Nov 1, '08
I went to University as an adult; I did it for me because I needed it and not because it would get me a better job or because it would somehow improve my standard of living. I went too University for what I consider to be the only valid reason. To get an education, an end in itself
This is so wonderful to continue to grow as a person! Enjoyed your 10 things!

forgetmenot525 wrote on Nov 1, '08
OK. I've read this and I have to commend you, because you do something that most people don't do and that is spell check.
Thank you, but I spell check because I have too not because I want to and I probably confuse lose with loose on occasions, my absolute worse confusion is the dreaded ' its', or it's, or its'.............although in that case I do know there is no its'.............just not altogether sure why.
And yes I much prefer keeping 'real' people at bay including talking on the telephone and chat to people on the internet instead. Communication in this way is so much more on your own terms and it doesn't intrude into your life if you don't want it to. And I can quite understand the affection for the dog over and above most people..........really relate to that.
So guess we are just not 'people' people.............except internet people of course.

msowens1 wrote on Nov 1, '08
fabulous to get to know more about you.... what an amazing journey you have had so far.... thanks for sharing....

veroniquemariquita wrote on Nov 1, '08
Nice to see a pic of you, Loretta. You look very much like a friend that I went to high school with.

brendainmad wrote on Nov 1, '08
OK. I've read this and I have to commend you, because you do something that most people don't do and that is spell check. However, even this is no good to those who constantly confuse 'loose', the adjective and 'lose' . the verb. Here are my 10 which I've already posted on other pages. I'm not tagging anyone because these take time to do. Thanks for revealing more about you, Loretta.

10. I prefer talking to someone on the Internet because when I get tired I can always disconnect. I hate talking on the phone to people who are long-winded and who need an hour to say what I can say in ten minutes or less.

9. I like my dog more than I like a lot of people. She doesn't moan about the least little thing like they do.

8. I love reading Dean Koontz novels and I know he's an animal lover.

7. When I first came to Spain and was given a tapa I didn't like in a bar, I would wrap it carefully in a serviette and put it in my pocket. Now if I'm given something I don't like, I either leave it or ask for something else. I even throw used serviettes on the floor (in bars only).

6. When I was little I wasn't afraid of heights or frightened I'd break my neck. Now I am.

5. Even though I might throw used serviettes on the floor of a bar, I'd never throw anything, no matter how small, out the window of my flat or in the street. I have neighbours that do.

4. I'm really particular about how my things are arranged. If someone puts something in a different place, it bothers me to no end. And I can't stand anyone dotting my 'i' s if I don't feel like doing it.

3. I love electronics and wish I had both the room for more and the money to buy more gadgets.

2. I prefer the winter although it may be cold. Summers are too hot.

1. I would never want to spend time in prison or jail. I've only been to visit someone once and I found it claustrophobic and depressing.

starfishred wrote on Nov 1, '08, edited on Nov 1, '08
What a great lady you are loretta for posting this.I love your art work and all your wonderful blogs and it is with great respect that I say I can call you my friend.

greenwytch wrote on Nov 1, '08
wow, this is great! thanks for sharing more about YOU......and yes, i will do this a bit later tonight. HUGS

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete