| Been creative with my sewing machine | for everyone |
This is the reason. I’ve spent the last couple of days working on my sewing machine. My grand daughter Erin has been taking Scottish dancing lessons for the last year and we thought she should have the ‘proper kit’. To buy a complete dancing outfit, (kilt, shirt and waistcoat) from a specialist supplier apparently costs somewhere in the region of £250.00+, crazy when you think they only use it for shows and exams and they grow out of it annually. So I scoured the second hand market, bought an old kilt, an old school shirt, a large blue velvet top and put them together with some off cuts of blue/green tartan material I already had. I unpicked, cut, sewed and ironed and this is what we ended up with. It’s not exactly the same as the professional and expensive version. The shirt is supposed to have what Erin describes as ‘white fluffy bits down the front’’, but as I didn’t come across any old lace, a tartan ruffle around the neck and sleeves will have to do. The most import thing is, Erin is pleased, and if she’s happy, we’re all happy.
21 Comments
Add a Comment
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Sep 9, '09
lol................somthing like that, the blouses usually have a 'bib' of white lace,
|
brendainmad wrote on Sep 9, '09
It would be ridiculous to pay so much money. I really enjoy Scottish dancing.
|
veroniquemariquita wrote on Sep 9, '09
How nice Loretta! You did a great job and shes such a pretty girl. I love that smile.
|
aimlessjoys wrote on Sep 9, '09
A very worthwhile use of your time, I'd say! She's adorable! Love that perky attitude!
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Sep 8, '09
Thanks
for your comments, have spent so much time finishing off my sewing the
night is now late and time for me to go, hope to catch up with every one
tomorow .............................
|
kathyinozarks wrote on Sep 8, '09
me an expert-lol-hehe I don't thinks so, I haven't sewn clothes since I was in high school-lol
|
forgetmenot525 wrote on Sep 8, '09
coming from the expert.................wow that's a compliment, thanks kathy :-))
|
kathyinozarks wrote on Sep 8, '09
you did great!!
|
haven't sewn clothes since I was in high school-lol 
No comments:
Post a Comment